ok my guitar has a non locking whammy like the ones on a strat, and what i wanna know is... is there anything i can do to make it so that i can actually use it without it going out of tune? cuz they second i even touch the bar the the thing goes way out of tune
buy a locking nut.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Quote by Dark_Raven10
buy a locking nut.

Don't. Try the roller nut/locking tuner combo, seems to work well for Start-type trems.
Locking nut would work, but looks like **** all without a full floating trem...

Locking tuners, and a lubricated or roller nut would help, but you're never going to be able to use it like a full floating trem such as FR's or Kahlers etc...
My Gear
Original JCM800
Fender Blues
ADA MP1 Rack

1952 RI Tele
Fender Floyd Fat Strat
Dean Razorback V255
Dean ML79F
Fender Strat, scalloped
Fender Floyd Strat
Ibanez RG550 - 1987 DY, 1990 DY, 2002 BK
Kramer Paul Dean
Danelectro DC59
Locking nut won't work on that because you have to unscrew the clamps to change tuning.
Buy some locking tuners, they should solve your problems, I believe planet waves and fender makes some.
Sperzel makes the best locking tuners, IMO. I think Gotoh makes some good ones too, but I'm not entirely sure.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Just dont be like me and break your whammy bar off at the threads in the bridge. I tried to drill it out and broke the drill bit. sucks....
blues....