I'm very happy with my Epiphone Dot Studio. That is to say, I'm happy with everything except the bridge pickup. It produces a ridiculous amount of treble to the point where it seems to "quack" with too much attack on higher registers.

Can I fix this problem by lowering the height of the pickup? If so, do I do that by simply adjusting the screws on either side of it?
Epiphone Dot Studio
Peavey Valve King 112 (w/ Eminence Texas Heat)
Digitech Hot Head
Dunlop Cry Baby GCB-95
Elixir .010-.052
Yes, just adjust the two screws at the sides of the pickup.

Not sure what you mean by the 'quack' sound, but lowering the pickup will reduce the treble and should solve your problem.
My Gear
Original JCM800
Fender Blues
ADA MP1 Rack

1952 RI Tele
Fender Floyd Fat Strat
Dean Razorback V255
Dean ML79F
Fender Strat, scalloped
Fender Floyd Strat
Ibanez RG550 - 1987 DY, 1990 DY, 2002 BK
Kramer Paul Dean
Danelectro DC59
Cool, thanks a lot, I'll give it a try.
Epiphone Dot Studio
Peavey Valve King 112 (w/ Eminence Texas Heat)
Digitech Hot Head
Dunlop Cry Baby GCB-95
Elixir .010-.052
Lowering your pickup isn't going to reduce the treble; it's just going to reduce the volume. The closer the pickup is to the strings, the more efficiently the pickup picks up the strings vibrations and delivers your sound.

But anyway...a quick fix: lowering your pickups height.
Quote by Slavik
Lowering your pickup isn't going to reduce the treble; it's just going to reduce the volume. The closer the pickup is to the strings, the more efficiently the pickup picks up the strings vibrations and delivers your sound.

But anyway...a quick fix: lowering your pickups height.

It won't exactly reduce the treble, no, but lowering it on one side can help the treble side of the pickup not sound as hot...so it would be a little less trebly.

The closer the pickup is does NOT determine how efficient the pickup works. If it's too close, the pickup can pull on the strings, affecting intonation, and decreasing sustain. It can also sound muddy.

Adjusting the pole pieces, if the Dot has humbuckers, can also affect your tone. Try that.
Quote by forsaknazrael
If it's too close, the pickup can pull on the strings, affecting intonation

I'm not quite sure what you mean?
Quote by Slavik
I'm not quite sure what you mean?
Simultaneous multiple discordant frequency syndrome. aka: Stratitis (definition #2)

... or just go HERE and scroll down to Stratitis.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.