From my understanding it is out of production. You'll have to look used: eBay, Craig's List... etc.
Does anyone know the song that goes: ba ba bah, ba ba buh, bu ba bum, ba ba bah, ba bu buh, bu bu bum, bu ba bu bu bum baam?
uhm yea my moms not gonna pay too much for something used...i have $800.whats the next best thing?i play only metal
just look for 6505 its exactly the same they just stopped making 5150 because EVH's contract ran out with them so they stopped producing his signature model and just make the 6505 instead.
Equips:

Ibanez RG2550E
Jackson DKMG
ESP LTD EC 200 QM
Peavey ValveKing Head & Slant Cabinet
Peavey 5150
Ashdown Fallen Angel 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9
Quote by devilmaycrykid
uhm yea my moms not gonna pay too much for something used...i have $800.whats the next best thing?i play only metal

tell your mom to go die, and tell her how much they are new. then tell her to freakin buy it, because you dont want to save up for another 3 years.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
See signature.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by devilmaycrykid

they go for like 600 on ebay.
well 6505 imo is way overpriced espeically when its the same as 5150... buy it used tell her thats its way wporth ith.. chances are it will come in just fine... really only thing that sounds decent for metal with that budget..
Uh, maybe because they don't make them anymore. Eddie Van Halen left Peavey a few years ago, and it was his amp, so they don't make it anymore. But, if you want exactly the same thing, check out the Peavey 6505. It's the same exact amp. Just a different name because EVH isn't with Peavey now.
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
6505 = 5150

65-05 marks the 40 year anniversary of peavey, but its the same amp
Quote by kriscornella2@g
she paid for my coc.k!. Just kidding. Dont get a 6505/5150 they are not great. Im selling mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds7y5Jp-7zo&feature=related

I strongly disagree with this. Some of the best guitar tones Ive ever heard have come from a 5150.

You could easily get one on eBay for $800 or less
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Ever hear of a job then you can buy what ever you want. Must be a rough life to ONLY have 800 dollars of your moms money to spend.
Quote by Tackleberry
Ever hear of a job then you can buy what ever you want. Must be a rough life to ONLY have 800 dollars of your moms money to spend.

yea...my family is barley middle class.i never ask for anything and im thankful for getting $800 thats a bootyload of money to me.i tried getting jobs but idk.never works out for me.
a few things
1) 6505 is the same as the 5150 but its a waste of money getting a new one.
2) anyone saying that the tone is ****...is stupid. their used by a ton of bands like arch enemy, in flames, etc. if you cant get good tone its your own damn fault. that said, its not the best amp ever made.
3) check out the mother 5150/6505 thread. its got pretty much everything you need to know about this amp.

hope that helps.
get a used one on ebay, she wont be able to tell the difference. i saw one for 450 once, but they are usually about 600, if you want that amp, which is a great amp for metal/heavier stuff.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Quote by IsThereLoveInSp
I strongly disagree with this. Some of the best guitar tones Ive ever heard have come from a 5150.

You could easily get one on eBay for $800 or less

you are what they call tone deaf in that case. TS take it from owners of the 5150s who are trying to get rid of them. Their tone becomes quickly tiresome!.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
you are what they call tone deaf in that case..

Stop with the insults! He is right that many pros use them and choose to over more expensive amps.

That's fine if you don't dig the tone (I don't too much myself) but they do work for many people.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
you are what they call tone deaf in that case. TS take it from owners of the 5150s who are trying to get rid of them. Their tone becomes quickly tiresome!.

Check out Devin Townsends solo albums and then tell me otherwise.

I find it absolutely unbelievable when people dismiss amps like these as bad when they only listen to all the artists that use it in the exact same way and then play it with idiotic eq, volume and gain settings. Try being creative dude.
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Last edited by IsThereLoveInSp at Nov 26, 2007,
5150's are the ultimate death metal amp... I just got a 5150 II same thing as the 5150 with an extra preamp tube really not much difference... the gain on the 5150 is ridiculous i keep mine around 6 or 7 cause any higher is just too much.. 5150's have a huge amount of punch.. there is a resonance knob on them that could make your house shake with the head on 1.. its really the best for your money if you play metal.. people that bash it listen to **** rock and should go buy a marshall.. thats right **** rockers if you wanna play hinder buy a marshall and leave 5150's alone
Current Setup

Schecter Blackjack C7
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMG 81/85
Peavey 5150II Head
Peavey 6505 Cab w/ two Eminence Texas Heat
Epi PR5-e
Hot Rod Deluxe