I've been playing guitar for almost six months now, I own a les paul epiphone, and a standard epiphone amp. The amp sucks. Horribly.

So Im thinking of just getting an amp for christmas, and im moving out in january. So I wanted to get an amp perfect for a garage, but also that I can practice quietly in my own room (or the bad case of me going to an apartment with sound restrictions)

I was thinking of spending 200-300 dollars on this, and I'd just like one with good sound that can fit those needs. Effects can't hurt but Im not very adept yet. Doesnt mean I suck, I kick ass... just not as much as anyone better than me.
personally, i would reccomend a Line 6. go try them out. see what sound you like. check out the bells and whistles. as long as you dont mind the Solid State amps. they do make Tube hybrid amps, but they are atleast 600-700 bucks. i use all line 6, and i have never had a problem with them. feel free to message or e-mail me if you have any questions.
What do you mean kind of weak? It's really your best choice for a solid state heavy distortion amp in that price range.
the cube 30 is the best for the money for that
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
honestly since your starting out i would recommend a fender frontman 25r and a ehx metal muff.

i know everyone hates it but it helped me a lot in the beginning, cleans are beautiful, reverb is ****ing amazing and it will let the pedal shine at low volumes.
Im not actually starting out... Im close to being "intermediate"... that cube is a budget/beginner amp, and I dont want that, I have one. I want one that in a few months my friend and I can write music/play together with no excuses "sorry I got a beginners amp", thats just stupid.
Quote by lilchimp818
honestly since your starting out i would recommend a fender frontman 25r and a ehx metal muff.

i know everyone hates it but it helped me a lot in the beginning, cleans are beautiful, reverb is ****ing amazing and it will let the pedal shine at low volumes.

The Fender Frontman amps are terrible, possibly even worse than an MG.
You're one hell of a guitar prodigy if you're "intermediate level" after a few months of playing.

Try out the Vox AD30VT or the Roland Cube. AD30 excels at older sounds but sounds pretty muddy the more gain you pour on. Not sure how well the Cube deals with high gain, I assume it also gets somewhat fuzzy. The breakup on any hybrid amp will be quite harsh, mind you. Also consider running a boost into it, such as the Digitech Bad Monkey, to tighten the sound up a bit, and letting you run the gain lower on the main amp.
i don't define myself by what silly groups i join.
Quote by AlmostFlawed
Im not actually starting out... Im close to being "intermediate"... that cube is a budget/beginner amp, and I dont want that, I have one. I want one that in a few months my friend and I can write music/play together with no excuses "sorry I got a beginners amp", thats just stupid.

The cube is NOT a beginners amp! It's a very nice solid state, one of the best. The next step is tube which you probably can't afford.
My Stuff!

Yamaha Pacifica 112
Vintage V400-12 Solid Top 12 STRING!!!!!
Yamaha F-310
Yamaha FD02 Solid Top
Orange crush 10
Watson XL15
Zoom G2
Encore PK40

Saxophone: Jupiter somethin or other
the spider has Distortion that is EPIC. i play the exact same type of music, except hevier, and my amp has NEVER let me down, only at 120 watts, is clearly herd over anyone else. honestly, line 6 is best for their prices, and hase the best of all channels.
a amp is a certain circuit board that produces a sound. a modeller is a computer that is trying to match that physical sound digitally. The spider has like a tonne of different amp 'models' that use a processor to get the sound rather than a specific circuit board.

for the price you were talkin, a roland cube is a great option, but i have a soft spot for the line 6. used to jam with a friend in his room and this thing was bone shatteringly loud. when it comes to practising, you will never have a problem with volume, and definitly not tone.

in ur shoes, id try out a roland and a line 6 and then part with my cash.
Well, I tried a bunch out at my local Guitar Center. I gotta say the VOX was the best. Line 6 Spider 3 was REALLY good, too, had more bang for hte buck, but the guy explained to me that it would take a long time to get used to, as it was built around presets...there's 400. But the VOX was really ****in good, they both sounded awesome. Anyway, whats the cheapest place to buy this badass
Quote by AlmostFlawed
Well, I tried a bunch out at my local Guitar Center. I gotta say the VOX was the best. Line 6 Spider 3 was REALLY good, too, had more bang for hte buck, but the guy explained to me that it would take a long time to get used to, as it was built around presets...there's 400. But the VOX was really ****in good, they both sounded awesome. Anyway, whats the cheapest place to buy this badass

By the time you "get used to" the Spider, you'll be disgusted with it. It's even more of a beginners amp than the Cube.

By the way, I'd say the Cube is better than the Vox for your styles of music, but you should try them both and see which one you like best. Just don't get the Spider.
There are so many people here suggesting a spider but do not listen to any of them. In your price range look at the Roland cube 30. its by no means a practice amp or "weak". My friend has on and its pretty damn loud for a 30W Solid State amp. It got over his drums when i was jamming with him which i was surprised at.

Your two choices at te moment look to the the Vox or the Cube. For your style i highley suggest that cube.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Quote by notrugod13
the spider has Distortion that is EPIC. i play the exact same type of music, except hevier, and my amp has NEVER let me down, only at 120 watts, is clearly herd over anyone else. honestly, line 6 is best for their prices, and hase the best of all channels.

few months ago i decided to try a spider III...
so i sat right in front of a halfstack, at this point someone else sat down on the other side of the divider and started cranking a valveking 112 and playing crazy blues licks...
that's when i turned the spider up to ten and couldn't tell if i was hitting the strings or not... it's not that loud (pluss it's expensive)
...K, so the Cube OR the Vox. What is the cheapest place to get them? Online or in-store? Thanks!