Hey im getting a new Gibson Les Paul Studio for Christmas and was wondering if these would be a good add on for it: a Seymour Duncan SH-4 JB in the birdge posistion, and a SH-1 '59 in the neck posistion. I would be playing it through a Marshall AVT50X.

Good Idea or not? Or should i get a new amp instead?
You lucky biatch!

But the pickups in the studio are the same as in the standards, so I'd just leave them. You wouldn't really notice a big difference in tone anyway. Definitely save for an amp.
Listen to The Sounds Inside
John Frusciante
What amp would go good with a Studio? I was thinking about maybe a VOX? But i really dont know.
Quote by H-D
What amp would go good with a Studio? I was thinking about maybe a VOX? But i really dont know.

Well, what type of Vox? Tube or hybrid?
Tell us what you play and what money you have, we can tell you.

Used JCM800 maybe?
I play all kinds of rock but not too much heavy metal. Mostly classic rock and punk. Oh and i have $400- $500 (canadian) to spend
I have a studio and the AVT50 Marshall. I have burstbucker pros in mine and they sound great, but I was thinking about putting some Duncan pro humbuckers in mine. I think your pickup choice would work great though.
Quote by H-D
I play all kinds of rock but not too much heavy metal. Mostly classic rock and punk. Oh and i have $400- $500 (canadian) to spend

Used Marshall (NOT MG OR AVT) would be good for you. Maybe an Orange. I'm not too hot on the lowish-gain amps, but I'm sure someone will help you
The AVT is great. With 50 watts on it I can't even usually turn the volume above two without shaking the house. The amp will last me for a long time until I can afford to get a Marshall stack with a JCM head, but until them the AVT works great.
Quote by dutch5367
The AVT is great. With 50 watts on it I can't even usually turn the volume above two without shaking the house. The amp will last me for a long time until I can afford to get a Marshall stack with a JCM head, but until them the AVT works great.

This guy wants to change his tone. I, therefore, recommend a better amp than he has. At the end of the day, even if you like the particular tone it has, it's a low-end amp, and overpriced for what it is, which is why I'm saying he should go tube. Saving up is worth it.

No offense to you or anything, I just think he needs to change that AVT.
If your lucky enough (like I was 2 years back) you can find a Marshall JCM 800 50 watt combo. Honestly, Les Pauls+JCM 800=orgasmic rock/metal tone.
My brother has the JCM900 and he just got a second cabinet over the weekend. So he's running the 1960A and B. He just plays in his basement to... talk about a loud ass set-up. My Gibson sounds better on it than his Fender does. He only paid $300 for the second cabinet which was a hell of a deal, and it's in mint condition.
I wonder if you are changing pickups for the sake of changing it. The stock pickups on the Studio are perfectly adequate as they are.
If you're looking for better sound, get a new amp. Perhaps a Vox VT or a used Marshall JCM800 like the others are suggesting. If you like the sound of your amp (most people don't but it's ultimately up to you), then go ahead and change the pups. JB/59 is a great combination for rock.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.