ok, so i'm going to go home and write some metal. i want to incorporate some tapping, so which is better sounding, tap harmonics, or tapping natural harmonics. (and if you have a setup for a Tapping Guitar for Power Tab, that'd be great)
Quote by stephen_rettie
tapped harmonics are tapping natural harmonics

No they aren't (unless I misunderstood your post).

Natural harmonics = tapping on frets like 5, 7 or 12 to get a harmonic
Tapped harmonics = Fretting a note with the left hand and tapping at the appropriate spot (say, 12 frets up from that) to get a harmonic for that.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by Fama

Tapped harmonics = Fretting a note with the left hand and tapping at the appropriate spot (say, 12 frets up from that) to get a harmonic for that.

but they are still the same thing, hitting 12 frets up from the first fret give the same effect (obviously not the same note) as tapping the twelfth after plucking an open string
Quote by stephen_rettie
but they are still the same thing, hitting 12 frets up from the first fret give the same effect (obviously not the same note) as tapping the twelfth after plucking an open string

Kinda, yes. But I think the "sweet spots" change a bit, so it's not always 12 frets up or 5 frets or whatever. Not sure tho.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by Fama

thats the only way i like to do tapping
Quote by djmay71
ok, so i'm going to go home and write some metal. i want to incorporate some tapping, so which is better sounding, tap harmonics, or tapping natural harmonics. (and if you have a setup for a Tapping Guitar for Power Tab, that'd be great)

Which ever sounds most appropriate for your song. Its up to your ears not ours.... your the artist.