I hate it how people can be so messed up. Someone dies at a young age and instead of saying "they were young. its sad." they go and flame them and say stuff like "im glad theyre dead." these kind of people really make me mad. its not fair for anyone to die young, no matter how good a musician they are, how popular they are, or what stereotype they are. if you dont like them then dont talk about them. if you feel the need to talk about them say you dont like them, but dont say they deserve to die. nobody deserves to die.

[/rant]
pay me the same amount and ill give you better head than an amp ever could.

Quote by mdawg24
My bad, headbanger had it.
I suck

Quote by faultyy
(sp) means to use super powers
When people stop making a fuss about famous people they don't even know personally dying, people will stop flaming them.
I'm a communist. Really.
i did know him though. thats my problem with these people. somebody always does know the person. its disrespectful.

Quote by mdawg24
I suck

Quote by faultyy
Quote by Raziel2p
When people stop making a fuss about famous people they don't even know personally dying, people will stop flaming them.

why are you such an idiot? if someone's role model or a member of their favorite band dies of course they're going to care. it upsets them. i was upset when dave blood killed himself. i didn't know him personally but i know him through his music and it upsets me he's not around anymore.
#DTWD
Quote by Raziel2p

you need a swift kick in the balls.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
I don't foresee this thread having a lot of responses. People can only say "I agree" once.

Fake Edit: Of course I could be wrong
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by Headbanger_1
I hate it how people can be so messed up. Someone dies at a young age and instead of saying "they were young. its sad." they go and flame them and say stuff like "im glad theyre dead." these kind of people really make me mad. its not fair for anyone to die young, no matter how good a musician they are, how popular they are, or what stereotype they are. if you dont like them then dont talk about them. if you feel the need to talk about them say you dont like them, but dont say they deserve to die. nobody deserves to die.

[/rant]

I care to disagree...
Quote by metaldud635
Has anyone ever caught their parents doing it?

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
yeah, multiple times, and I usually joined in, still do in fact.

Quote by Vagabond21
Aaahh yes, the great state of Kentucky
I heard cremation was flaming the deceased.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Quote by Headbanger_1

[/rant]

Right, I'm sure if, say, Osama Bin Laden died tomorrow you'd feel devastated.

"nobody deserves to die" my ass. Hitler deserved to die, Stalin deserved to die, and the list goes on.

If you're referring exclusively to some guy in a band, then saying "nobody deserves to die" is having a narrow view of the issue.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by Metal_Rich
I heard cremation was flaming the deceased.

lol!
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
If you knew him personally, then I guess I understand how you feel (guessing, becuase I've never been in that position).

I'm not trying to justify anyone mocking those who've died, I think it's immature and stupid as well. I just get the feeling that people react in the same way as they would if the guy quit the band or decided to stop making music at all. I see people saying damn, he was such a great musician, won't hear his music again etc., and they don't seem to notice the fact that he's actually dead. (Of course they notice, but they don't express themselves as if they do.)

I don't know, I don't want to make a fuss. I feel sorry for his family and friends, but he's not more worth than anyone else just because he's been somewhat successful in the western music industry.
I'm a communist. Really.
its sad that he died as a person, but its a relief for the music industry. its only true
Quote by BadgeMan
I think this is fitting -

e-3-------------------
b---3--3-5-3--------
g-----------------3-4
d-----------------4-5
a-----------------4-5
E-----------------2-3
Quote by Mad Marius

"nobody deserves to die" my ass. Hitler deserved to die, Stalin deserved to die, and the list goes on.

If you're referring exclusively to some guy in a band, then saying "nobody deserves to die" is having a narrow view of the issue.

ill refrase it. people may deserve to die, but its always sad when somebody does. it affects more than just the person who died.

there happy?

Quote by mdawg24
I suck

Quote by faultyy
Quote by Mad Marius

He's talking about young people, preferably people belonging in a band or something..

I could be mistaken but I will have to agree with you nevertheless, yes, some people deserve to die.

The ones who cause death deserve death regardless of their age.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
ill refrase it. people may deserve to die, but its always sad when somebody does. it affects more than just the person who died.

there happy?[/QUOTE]

No... the Pit is never satisfied
Quote by metaldud635
Has anyone ever caught their parents doing it?

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
yeah, multiple times, and I usually joined in, still do in fact.

Quote by Vagabond21
Aaahh yes, the great state of Kentucky
Quote by Mad Marius

I agree.

However, sometimes it is hard for me to have sympathy for someone who died because of a stupid choice they made. Everyone is always hearing of famous local or widely known musicians driving under the influence and killing themselves and other people. I don't think they deserved to die, but they did something stupid and they will suffer the consequences.
Quote by H^2

Wise words Trashfan.

trashfan
Quote by Chubbychunks
It's not going to be that great. Although particle physics does give me a hadron.
Last edited by thrashfan at Nov 26, 2007,
Probably the Hawthorne Heights guitarist. It's on the front page.
Quote by H^2

Wise words Trashfan.

trashfan
Quote by Chubbychunks
It's not going to be that great. Although particle physics does give me a hadron.
Definately disrespectful.

Of course, the situation is much different if it's someone they care about that dies and other people say "oh good. that guy was so annoying."

Death is a hard concept to really get your head around, and clearly, these immature comments are stemming from pubescent selfish ignorant children that only had a hamster die in their entire lifespan. Respect the dead, if not for who they were, then at least for the people that mourn them. Grow up a little. It may be a friend of yours next time around, or even someone you look up to greatly. (That's directing towards though that feel the need to shout hooray at this guy's death)
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Quote by Headbanger_1

there happy?

Better.

And as a matter of fact, a few weeks ago a professor from my university died of cancer and certain colleagues of mine weren't as sad as they should have been, because he hadn't given them passing grades last summer.

This, by the way, is for anyone who thinks that "wisdom increases with age". Apparently not so, sometimes it decreases.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by Headbanger_1

[/rant]

somebody's a hawthorne hieghts fan. yes we all know he died, but do we really have to care that much to have a ton of threads about it???? I already posted it in the first one, so good day.
while its disrespectful... its hard to care because unless you listened to them devoutly

or personaly knew him, its just another death....

frankly i cant stand Hawthorne heights....
Rainbow
(I'm not gay)
I wonder if the guy who made a thread about a year ago about how the two guitarists from Hawthorne Heights came into Best Buy while he was working feels bad.

He told them they weren't cool
People are flamed before they die, why should death change that?

Being dead does not change the way they lived their life, or make them any better at what they did (coughCliffBurtoncough).

Though saying that they deserved to die was proably a bit harsh.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by JuicyMango
So who died?

I'm assuming you haven't read enough posts in this thread nor the main news page
this whole "Deserve to die" is bull****
Yes, Hitler Stalin etc. were baad baad people.
But we are no one to judge who "deserves" life and death

And to the original topic...I agree totally. There's not a lot of things that come lower than insulting the dead. Wow, you're gonna take the piss out of someone who's actually dead! SO HARD! It IS tragic if someone so young, famous or ****ing not, dies suddenly. In fact, dies at all, it's sick that people would take the piss.
You dont like someone, then dont talk about them
At least, not when they're dead
It's PATHETIC
Well, I see your point and you're right. Although there are people who deserve to die out there. Some people have committed such atrocities that they don;t deserve to be alive, I don't care what courts/laws say.
Quote by Mad Marius

everyone deserves to die
Quote by A Rolling Stone
My first date was nowhere near as bad as your grammar
Quote by Raziel2p

So by your logic, if a musician dies, fans shouldn't make a fuss because they didn't know the musician personally??? I need to make sure that its correct, because if so, you are a retard mate.

I saw that the Hawthorne Heights guitarist or whatever he was, died today, and i thought that it was disgusting that people were saying "at least now they'll stop making crap music". You might not like a band, but when someone dies, have some fucking respect. Ive never heard of the band, and from the description in the news story, i probably wouldn't have liked them. That said, its a real shame that he died at such a young age, and my thoughts go out to his family. I certainly wouldn't insult him, and the people who do that should be ashamed of themselves
UG's Stock Market Guy

Hablo Español
Wǒ néng shuō Zhōngwén

So you can speak to me in English, Spanish or Chinese

My Recordings:

Dissident Blues
El Farol
Lenny
We'll Make This Work
Stop This Train
When people were talking about Casey Calvert the former Hawthorne Heights guitarist, I saw people say things like "wel who cares they wer a crap band neway",

I don't see why a persons death is justified by someones opinion on the quality of the music they wrote. If thats how they define one's life then there are problems they need to work out.

Flaming the innocent when they are deceased shows more of bad character for the flamer than of the deceased.