I'm getting fed up of picking up my guitar after learning a new song and just going all the way up and down the minor pentatonic scale time after time which sounds so generic and rubbish it's time i learnt how to solo properly, my finger accuracy and speed are overall not too bad, i certainly have the requirements in that aspect.

However my problem is i don't know how to come up with good licks, i mean like when you hear somebody do a demo of a pedal for example and they just pick up their guitar and play a nice bluesy jolly lick in the same key using the same scale as what i use, except there's is soo much better. I'd like to know how it's done, is their a pattern i should be following within the minor pentatonic to get good sounding licks? At the moment i just alternate pick the 2 notes on each string and give it the odd bend etc. how very dull i must say. Has anybody got a few good examples of some catchly licks using any scale?

thanks
i know that's the problem, i've practised the minor penatonic till my fingers have shed, it's really helped me improve my speed and dexterity i just need to move onto the next step, which is, what do i do with it?
think of interesting licks in your head, then try to replicate them on the guitar.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
a cool bluesy lick style i picked up on is where you play a string bend it, leave it bent, play another note, then hit the bent note again and return the bend. then just play some cool sounding thing to finsish it.

-----5-------------------
-------------------------
-7b-----pb7r--5h7p5-

sounds cool and its easy