I nefver really got it, is the bridge pickup, or the neck pickup more important. That is, for soloing.
MY GEAR:
Custom Flying V
Dunlop 535q
Marshall AVT HS
neither, you just use whatever you want .
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by ECistheBest
for waht kind of music?

Metal/Hard Rock
MY GEAR:
Custom Flying V
Dunlop 535q
Marshall AVT HS
Any, whatever sounds most Uber to you, i mostly use either, "bridge", "bridge & mid" and "neck"
/CENTER]
its personal preference.

With high gain, on the neck pickup you can get amazing tone for solos.
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
This is kind of like asking which string is most important. They're all totally valuable and serve a huge purpose for all genres/moods.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
For soloing I'd say the Neck because it's warmer and cleaner, making a cleaner sounding solo.
Quote by Dudage
This is kind of like asking which string is most important. They're all totally valuable and serve a huge purpose for all genres/moods.

The only one I don't use exclusively is the middle on it's own, but that might just be how I set my gear up?
It depends on preference. I like the neck because of the thicker, more hollow sound, but the bridge pickup has the more aggressive, screaming tone people associate with lead guitar. Especially in metal, the neck pickup is horribly underused, but the bridge will probably be more satisfying for you if you're on the fence. My advice, though, is to wait until you can do both pickups at the same time.
Here is how I personally use it:

bridge: distorted rhythm and any shredding done below the 12th fret.
neck: clean rhythm and any shredding done above the 12th fret.

Of course my EMG 85 isn't so great for clean, but there is no sound I love more than when I use it for shredding on the high frets.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.