Hi just wondering if anyone with an epiphone les paul, or anyone who knows, could tell what it says on the headstock of there guitar???
cause ive seen 3 different variations and i want to know which one is real....

1) Headstock saying " Les Paul Gibson"
2) Headstock saying " Les Paul Black Beauty"
3) Headstock saying " Les Paul Custom"

could anyone shed some light on the matter as im trying to buy a real one and dont want to get tricked into buying some cheap knock off..
please help

thanks for any help or advice you guys can offer
FFS theyre for different models
Quote by Td_Nights
*Points to Above Poster*

Best. Username. Ever.

Quote by _-Joey-_
I wish I was gay...

PSN- td_rules Steam- tdrules
The truss rod cover really has nothing to do with the guitar. The first one really doesnt seem like an authentic headstock. And the other two depend on the type of LP.
All have Les Paul's Signature on it below the Epiphone Logo & the truss cover usually has either Gibson for the older models or Les Paul 'whatever the model'.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Those are are real ones, just different models. And if you're buying from somewhere like GC, they can't give you a fake LP
Agile AL-3000 Cherry Sunburst
Fender American Strat HSS
1981 Yamaha FG-335II
Crate V1512 (USA made)
Fender Frontman 15R
Dunlop Crybaby Slash Wah
MXR EVH Phase 90
Ibanez TS9 w/ Keeley Baked Mod
Boss SD-1
Boss DD-3
Yes, they are all REAL Les Pauls, just different models. (meaning they all have different options, like finnishes, neck styles, pickups, etc.) What would make it a cheap knock-off is the brand. If you want a TRUE Les Paul, you want a Gibson. Epiphone is good too, as they are manufactured by Gibson (like squire to fender). If you are a beginner, I recomend the Epi, because a Gibson can run you upwards of $3,000, where as i got a fairly decent Epiphone Les Paul (LP-100) for $250.00 for my first guitar. Go to a music store and try them out to see what you like, but make sure you look at www.musiciansfriend.com for prices, as they have the lowest i've seen (if anyone knows of a place with lower prices, please let me know!), and free shipping on most orders over $99. Good luck!
ya but are they all headstocks that would apper on a epiphone les paul black beauty cause i know there real epiphone headstocks but which one is supposed to be on an epiphone les paul black beauty??? i need to know cause im buying it off ebay

please help!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Quote by ktk182
ya but are they all headstocks that would apper on a epiphone les paul black beauty cause i know there real epiphone headstocks but which one is supposed to be on an epiphone les paul black beauty??? i need to know cause im buying it off ebay

please help!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Ibanez RGR321EX
Oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! you want a black beauty! Dude, then go with the one that says "Black Beauty." If its a true black beauty, it will be black with GOLD hardware, have a black pickguard, and say "black beauty" on the truss rod cover, and have a pearl inlay on the headstock. All ones I've seen have 3 gold humbuckers. At least thats what epi's website shows....
Quote by T!AN
A two minute trip to guitarcenter.com would have answered your question...

ya i found that picture for some of them and for others i found this one

and then for others it said les paul black beauty on the truss cover, namely the ones on the epiphone website....can someone please help me
its because that one's model name is : "Epiphone Les Paul Custom"

similarly, the one with "les paul black beauty" on the truss rod cover, has the name: "Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty".

why don't u understand this?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
its because that one's model name is : "Epiphone Les Paul Custom"

similarly, the one with "les paul black beauty" on the truss rod cover, has the name: "Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty".

why don't u understand this?

because there all supposed to be pictures of epiphone les paul black beauty's so why dont they all say the same thing...which i think should be black beauty..... i mean there not all different models there all black beautys but with different truss covers why???? which one is real??? or are they all real truss covers for a black beauty?? cause i mean surly a les paul custom truss cover shouldn't be on a black beauty???

can anyone at all finally settle this issue for me???
Maybe it's a les paul custom truss rod cover on a black les paul custom with gold hardware?

No wait, I'm being irrational
Just to state the obvious, the truss rod cover is hardly a reliable way to discern whether or not a guitar is fake. In Australia, where musical equipment prices are jacked up beyond belief, Gibson truss rod covers only cost $10.

I'm not sure, but if you got the serial number of the guitar (assuming it has one, if it doesn't, then it's obviously a fake), and then called Epiphone or Gibson, they might be able to tell you if it's real or fake.

Or, atleast, that'd tell you if the neck was real or fake.
black beauty, 3 pickups?? thats hasta be either pretty old and discontinued or a custom