My amp head and 4x12 speaker cab have an option to go 4, 8, or 16 ohm. What is the difference? Any suggestions on which way I should go? Also, does anybody have any suggestions for settings on a peavey XXX? I'm very new to this. I have a Peavey XXX head with a Crate FW412 Speaker cab. I'm not exactly getting the tone I want through my Jackson DK2M, but I think when I get to my drummers house and plug up my Les Paul with EMG ZW set it'll be alot hotter. Also, I just put new tubes in and haven't had it professionally biased. But I messed with the bias knob and it seemed to not make much of a difference to me. I'm just not getting the volume and gain I want, which shouldn't be a problem with a Peavey XXX. Any suggestions?
That depends, how many ohms is the output on the head? It's switchable?
most cabs are standard 8 ohms, and since that head is switchable, whatever ohmage your cab is, just switch it to that on the head. easy enough. as far as the rest of your question goes i cant help you
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
ok, basic EQ for me. bass around 6-7 mids 8-9 treble 9-10 gain all the way on the crunch chanel
The ohms are switchable on both the head AND the cab, both are capable of 4, 8 or 16
i dont really think it matters, just keep them both on 8, it does'nt make it louder or affect the sound. you would only need the 16 or 4 if the cab or head only runs on 16 or 4, which is pretty uncommon
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
unless you know what you're doing, i don't think its a good idea to be biasing the tubes yourself. you might be able to do serious damage, but i'm not certain about this.
as for eq'ing, start out with all tone knobs at 5 (out of 10), and turn off all the bell-and-whistle switches, and go from there.