Im thinking of possibly getting one of these guitars for Christmas. They are both Mahogany, set neck, have EMGs (81 in bridge 60 in neck) but the EC 1000 is about $850 while the FX is only $570. Why is there such a big price difference? They seem quite similar other than the body shape. Also, I played the EC today, and it felt great, but the shop doesnt have the FX, so if anyone that has it or has played it could tell me if it plays well, please do. Thanks.
Anyone know? Im leaning towards the FX at the moment, because its only $600 (my first estimate was wrong) unless someone could give me a good reason to spend the extra on the EC.
I would go with the fx. It's a really gnarly guitar, ive tried it. Maybe because of the bulkiness and crafsmanship of the body? Thats my guess.
Quote by thetoastinator
Im thinking of possibly getting one of these guitars for Christmas. They are both Mahogany, set neck, have EMGs (81 in bridge 60 in neck) but the EC 1000 is about $850 while the FX is only $570. Why is there such a big price difference? They seem quite similar other than the body shape. Also, I played the EC today, and it felt great, but the shop doesnt have the FX, so if anyone that has it or has played it could tell me if it plays well, please do. Thanks.

this is virtually the same situation im in
the ec plays, feels, and sounds great, but my local shop doesnt have an FX or an EX and i love the explorer and les paul shapes the most out of everything
and guitar center doesnt sell ESP
wtf?