I already play guitar and I am looking to get a bass. I pretty much have it narrowed down the the bass that i want which is a Fender Deluxe P Bass (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Deluxe-P-Bass-Special-4String-Bass-?sku=515201)

the amps is where i need the help. I have it down to :
1) Peavey MAX 115
2) Ampeg BA115
3) Ampeg BA112
4) Gallien-Krueger Backline 110

I was hoping if you guys could share your opinions on this items. Any personal experiences would also help alot.

I will be playing classic/hard rock and such

Thanks
Get the BA115, I,ve played all the others and they're just nowhere near as good.
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
What style are you playing? A good jazz setup will suck for metal and vice versa. Both would be good setups.

Style is important.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

to Bubonic Chronic, if by style you mean type of music then i will probably play hard rock and some metal songs but my main use will be more rage against the machine sublime pink floyd and some grunge era ie alice in chains, pearl jam, and sound garden.

the bass has a jazz pickup but it also has a p bass pickup so that sould cover teh harder more metal stuff no?
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
What style are you playing? A good jazz setup will suck for metal and vice versa. Both would be good setups.

Style is important.

Quote by RoadKill1991
I will be playing classic/hard rock and such

Watch out on the skimming.
But, at least you know different styles have optimum setups.
I've not played any of these, but I've heard good things about the Ampeg stuff.