I got my first electric guitar (an Ibanez GRG270) three weeks ago and it came with an Ibanez 15 watts Tone Blaster TBX15 amp. While using the amp I have noticed that whenever I turn the gain above level 4 (out of 12), this buzz/noise comes out of the amp, (even if I'm not playing the guitar), and it sounds like when you record silence with a crappy microphone and then listen to it, or like... electrical interference, or static, if anyone gets that. The noise stops when I unplug my guitar and when I turn the guitar volume all the way down, but after a while of playing, it starts to get a bit annoying.
Since it's my first time with an electric guitar, is that noise normal, or am I just making a big deal about nothing? Thanks in advance
it is cheap gear. try a noise gate such as the boss NS-2 it works wonders
The Conservative youth of America!
It could be any number of things. have you tried turning it up with just the amp by itself, nothing plugged into it?
Also, what are the other settings on your amp, since they have a big impact on the sound that comse out the speaker too.
Peavey Rage 158
Ibanez RG 320 FM
ESP LTD AX-50
Boss MT-2
Boss CH-1
Belcat Delay
Digitech Jamman Solo
It's somewhat normal, but it sounds specifically like bad grounding on the guitar... Does it stop when your hands are on the strings, bridge, etc? If so you should be alright...

$h!t cables cause noise as well, but based on the fact that it stops when the guitar is unplugged that doesn't make much sense...
@metalscott76 ; well it was a gift, I didn't choose it :P Still, I'm not really planing on investing on my gear anytime soon, mainly because I have no money...

@8footsativaist ; yeah, I tried turning the amp by itself and it made a little buzz,
but nothing compared to when it's plugged. The noise sounds even when I have everything else set to zero (bass, mid, treble), and it sound even louder if I try some set up.

@RadioMuse ; The noise kinda mutes down when my hands are on the strings, but I can still hear it. I'm using the cable that came included with the guitar. By "bad grounding on the guitar" you mean like something related to the power output, electrical thing?

Oh and I just remembered, I noticed that when I lift the cable remaining, or put it, let's say, over a chair, and then to the guitar, the noise sounds softer. Does this have anything to do? o_O

Thanks guys
Yes, it sounds like bad grounding or shielding. You will always get a faint hum, due to the power outlet (known as the 50/60hz cycle hum depending on what country it is)

If you have the opportunity, grab another lead (preferably a decent one) and test it out. If it still buzzes loudly, it will be the guitar. It is possible that it isn't properly grounded, shielded, or perhaps the electronics just suck. Some of the cheaper guitars made use cheap materials, especially with the electrics. However, they are easily replaceable if they DO turn out to be a problem.
Peavey Rage 158
Ibanez RG 320 FM
ESP LTD AX-50
Boss MT-2
Boss CH-1
Belcat Delay
Digitech Jamman Solo