Well this Sunday I'm heading to my local music store where they have an open jam where people bring in their guitars and idk, jam. I've never been, but when I drive by they have people on drums, piano, etc. It seems like a great time, but I'm a bit nervous. I'm guessing they just go around the room improving and stuff, but not only do I lack self confidence, there are many guys who've been playing for years, and I don't want to look like a fool.

Any pointers, tips, similar experiences??>
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
keep it simple and just go along with whats happening dont try to force a new style from the current one and dont try to take control just relax and have fun with it, nobodys going to hate if you dont play well cause everybodys been at every skill level some point in time so they will more then understand if your only at a certain level
your pretty much ****ed
Endorsed by Framus Amps

Quote by primusfan
you shoulda lynched that nigger.

*spits in spittoon and feels up his cousin*
Id say listen a bit, then try to see where u would shine among some of the others. Or maybe find a group of less experianced musicians and jam with them.
confidence is key, it will reflect in your playing big time. keep in mind, everyone there was a newb at one point in time. they probably went through the same thing you are right now. worse comes to wrose, have a drinnk or two to loosen up before oyu go
Just go for it and if you don't do great, don't let it get to your head. You'll most likely get respect for actually having the balls to get out there and do it.
Quit my job blowin leaves
Telephone bills up my sleeves

And they were singin like this!
usualy people at music stores will either be real nice to you or ignore you...
but odn't walk in there like you're the best.
go in, watch people, compliment them, play, have fun, don't look cocky, let the compliments roll in

sounds like an awsome experience, don't chicken out and let it pass you by
Quote by larryjohnson
You'll most likely get respect for actually having the balls to get out there and do it.

+1
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
I'd say go in and sit a session out...then, decide for yourself if you would be comfertable playing with them.
hopefully they will be experienced and wont be dicks like one guy soloing nonstop

they will let you do leads, and trade off licks

really feel the music, and stay in key!
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Music Store jams are the shit. I remember when I went to a Berklee guitar workshop, everyone after classes would go to the music store across the street to jam in the acoustic section and i just had a blast.