ok, my new dinky is making an AWFUL buzzing noise through my amp. i tried both my cables, same thing, it gets a little better if i hold it a certain way, but that way isnt practical for playing. when i tried my squier, this didnt happen. i took out the battery, nothing... plz help!!!
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Stand farther away from your amp, turn down your guitar and see if it changes. If it does turn down the pickups individually and figure out of they are all doing it. The pickup selector would be a big help too to figure out if your pickups are buzzing, for whatever reason, I imagine.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
uhhh... yea that didnt work
and it decreases as i turn down the volume, and its worse when i use both p-ups at once, a little better in the bridge only
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
maybe some of the wiring is a little dodgy
Gear:
Dean Razorback V 255 (explosion finish)
Jackson KX10 (amber sunburst)
Yamaha ERG121
random 50 quid acoustic
Randall RG50TC
is ur guitar's jack loose? has it ever been hand tightened?

that can spin the jack and rip off a wire.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i just unscrewed the jack plate, i dont think anything was loose or ripped, and i unscrewed the back b4 to c if it was the battery and nothing seemed loose or ripped either... the fact that its all of a sudden bothers me, it was fine at my lesson today, then i got home and it sucked...
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
well, i moved my **** into another room and the problem is solved...
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Sounds like a grounding issue in your room.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by dudetheman
Sounds like a grounding issue in your room.

yea, we have lots of **** in that room. xbox, ps2, wii, lamps, lots of ****...
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
ok, now in the "good room", its not buzzing but its stil la static-y weird noise
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
it could be the way the cable is sitting in the jack.

if the sound alters depending on how you move it around, it's a good bet that the cable or jack is involved in some way.

because as you play, the cable moves in the jack and causes problems.

if you are convinced that the two wires are secure, then make sure the plug is secure in the jack. that it clicks into place like this one.

if it's not the jack, or the cable, then repost. it can be the outlets, the amp plug, a ground wire in the pickup cavity, unshielded cavities, or outside equipment.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Yeah I would say it's your input jack or you toggle. I have an epi that used to do that and the problem was that the little tabs in the toggle switch weren't making consistant contact.
so what exactly should i look for to c if this is the problem?

and thank u guys so much for guiding me through this... this guitar means alot to me already. granted i have a warrenty for electrics and stuff so worse comes to worse, i get if fixed or replaced for free
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
you're looking to see if the cable is grabbed by that little arm.

or if there are any loose wires in the guitar.

also, if you can find another cable. try that one.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
you're looking to see if the cable is grabbed by that little arm.

or if there are any loose wires in the guitar.

also, if you can find another cable. try that one.

i tried the other cable yesterday, it had same problem.

i played it through a spider 3 before(its my friends), and got ZERO buzz at all, so i have no idea. im thinking the MG cant handle the active EMGs??
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
so im pretty sure i blew my amp or sumthing along those lines and it cant really handle the EMGs. i was told to try the guitar through other amps c i f i have the same issue. but basically, im very sure that if and when i get the xiphos, ill sell it
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
yeah, if it's working thru other amps. sounds like an amp problem.

i had an mg10 once, lasted 2 days.

good luck.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62