i'm doing a science project thing where we bring in an example of a chemical reaction
i'm bringing in alka seltzer, but just in case i'd like some more ideas
any are appreciated
thanks
diet coke + mentos
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
calsium or lithium and water
bleach and brake fluid
drain declogger and tin foil
baking soda and vinigar
anything you can burn

on a periodic table, anything in lithium's colum reacts violently with water.
Quote by boreamor
Thousands upon thousands of people yelling "IcyHot"...

Quote by imdeth
She looks like she has triforces in her eyes...

Quote by Nakon14
*sigh* yet again, only on UG would somebody rush to their computer to tell the pit when their lives or property are in dire trouble.
Make a huge paper mache volcano and hide an asian kid in a godzilla suit in it. Then bring it into class, pour vinegar into it, and have kid inside jump out and run away. Tell them that the chemical reaction between the volcano and the asian kid who accidentally fell in produces godzilla.
Quit my job blowin leaves
Telephone bills up my sleeves

And they were singin like this!
Water + Potassium

watch your head, though.
Quote by 6079 Smith W
One time I had this chick setting on my lap, sucking on my neck, unbuttoning my pants when one of my friends walked in and ruined the whole thing. To be fair though, she was his girlfriend.

Shoopin' that whoop since before you were born, son.
Quote by larryjohnson
Make a huge paper mache volcano and hide an asian kid in a godzilla suit in it. Then bring it into class, pour vinegar into it, and have kid inside jump out and run away. Tell them that the chemical reaction between the volcano and the asian kid who accidentally fell in produces godzilla.

nothing less than pure awsomeness. Threadstarter do this. now.
1 mol Iron(III) Oxide + 2 mol Aluminum all ground up. Stick a longer piece of elemental magnesium in there and carefully ignite the magnesium with a blowtorch.

I do not advise you make iron thermite and ignite it at school, unless you really wanna melt a hole through the floor.
bake a cake.

boil an egg.

bake bread.

glow stick.

tons of stuff.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by GibsonRocker14
diet coke + mentos

yep, diet coke and mentos is an instant win.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
take a 2liter bottle of diet sierra mist(full) and a half a pound of iodized salt, put the salt in a bloon, put the bloon around the top of the open bottle and make sure none of the salt leaks into the bottle, secure the bloon, then pour the salt in the sierra mist and after a few seconds the bloon should explode because of the iodized salt releasing carbondioxide out of the soda.
The greatest irony you will face is the fact that we wake up to live in a nightmare
Quote by TOOTH&NAIL
well played sir, well played
If Canadia wasn't a real place then where would Canadians come from?

T_T
bring in a bomb, that'll do it for sure.

really though, you could bring almost anything: rusty pipe, burn a match, baking soda and vinegar, sodium and water (not salt water), anything cooked or burned goes through a chemical change.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
sounds like a good excuse for a chlorine or drano bomb

okay so both are sorta dangerous (especially chlorine) but if you are careful the drano thing should work

1. water + aluminum foil in a water bottle
2. drop in some crystal drano
3. cover the top of the bottle with a balloon
4. POW! you have hydrogen gas...
5. tie up the balloon and tie on a string
6. ???
7. Profit!!! (the profit being a cute balloon that is super light (lighter and longer lasting than helium balloons))

optional steps
8. light match
9. torch balloon
10. boom.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Last edited by MTVget0FFtheAIR at Nov 26, 2007,
Quote by larryjohnson

Ultra.
Fucking.
Win.

Do it.

On a serious note, do potassium and water or something. A bit of light and sparking, nothing too violent.
Quote by Twist of fate
Aliens can invade us. Apparently you've never heard of pearl harbor

Quote by larryjohnson
that's science, and i should know my mom's a science teacher
The greatest irony you will face is the fact that we wake up to live in a nightmare
Quote by TOOTH&NAIL
well played sir, well played
If Canadia wasn't a real place then where would Canadians come from?

T_T