So my buddy has got a seymour duncan invader pickup he wants to sell me for 30 bucks. It is brand new, he never ended up dropping it into his paul. I wanna put it in my Kramer Focus 1000 but not sure if it is worth the effort. The invader is known to be somewhat muddy....your opinions?
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
a real duncan invader is like 80 bucks!
hees losing 50 bucks
take it, you dont even need to put it in

invaders are extremely powerful its crazy, but you wont get any good clean tones out of them....but perfect for metal

if you dont want them, sell them on ebay for what they are realy worth
It is a real seymour duncan, I've seen it. He just needs the money. Yea, I'll probably jump on it.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
I don't think they sound particularly good, but the price is right.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
They are awesome for metal, but complete crap for anything else. Especially cleans. But you have a neck pickup for that. I would say go for it.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by TSelman
Invaders...doesn't Synyster Gates use them?

yup

but i got a "Guitar World" issue that says he uses CUSTOM seymour duncan invaders.
not sure if the CUSTOM means that they're not the regular invaders... probably
The Invader is an excellent pick up for nastiness. Suprisingly though, if you put in a coil tap you can actually get a really nice bright clean tone out of it.
Something to think about if you can wire it up yourself.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
I would take it for $30, and then if you don't like it flip it for $45 or $50. They aren't bad pickups, but they have a very narrow range in which they sound good. You need to have a signal with lots of mids and trebles, as well as a fairly bright voiced guitar to begin with. I played a Charvel Model 6 with an older one over a year ago and thought it was muddy at first, but once I kicked up the trebles and the Midboost on the guitar, it sounded really good. But again, the conditions in which it sounds good are narrow.