OK.... i made a song it needs a solo. IDK i mite have a musicians block or somthin. so if you can post some ideas i would like that...
Find out what key the song is in and use scales and find what sounds good, how long have you been playing?
What kind of song?(genre) What kind of solo are you looking for?
"In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen"

Hellsing Organization

Quote by Ahagin0
Find out what key the song is in and use scales and find what sounds good, how long have you been playing?

yeah dude. just add some fancy yet easy tricks like tapping, sweeping, pinch harmonics, easy stuff like that, still using the same scales.
Quote by Discouraged
Follow the chords. First and foremost, know what chords you're soloing over.

This couldn't be more correct. Chords will point the way music is going. You can use scales, but if you don't know what to use from them, it's pointless.
"The end result - the music - is all that counts"
Quote by syngates07
yeah dude. just add some fancy yet easy tricks like tapping, sweeping, pinch harmonics, easy stuff like that, still using the same scales.

hah show off sweep isnt easy liar:P
iv been playing for like 4 months and just got a electric SG. Im in a rock band and looking for a sorta ezy but good solo but im new to the whole solo thing.
Quote by vote4pedro1996
iv been playing for like 4 months and just got a electric SG. Im in a rock band and looking for a sorta ezy but good solo but im new to the whole solo thing.

Do some reading man, we can help, but we aint no wizards. Google.
"The end result - the music - is all that counts"
Quote by vote4pedro1996

try the solo from smoke on the water it sounds amazing but its pretty simple all in one postion and at a failry slow also try the solo from smells lioke teen spirit
I need to know,what's a key?A series of chords?
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Quote by vote4pedro1996
iv been playing for like 4 months and just got a electric SG. Im in a rock band and looking for a sorta easy but good solo but im new to the whole solo thing.

Do you know what a key is? There are scales that configure exactly with specific chords and notes. Or like said, use the chord tones to guide you. But in no way is a solo a bunch of random notes put after another.
Quote by Broken-pick
I need to know,what's a key?A series of chords?

no a key is a group of notes that u can play together which will sound melodic if played over chords with corresponding roots or just played in sequence for example key of E minor is G A B C D E F# G each diatonic scale is a key you should try starting off using the diatonics than branch off into the blues scale and than into the harmonic minor
Quote by natedapunk
no a key is a group of notes that u can play together which will sound melodic if played over chords with corresponding roots or just played in sequence for example key of E minor is G A B C D E F# G each diatonic scale is a key you should try starting off using the diatonics than branch off into the blues scale and than into the harmonic minor

Eh?Similar to scales?
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Quote by natedapunk

crazy sweeping is pretty hard, yeah, but small little sweeps every here and there can sound pretty good while being pretty easy.
Quote by syngates07
crazy sweeping is pretty hard, yeah, but small little sweeps every here and there can sound pretty good while being pretty easy.

Three string sweeps ftw.

When you get into it a bit more, it's only 5 and 6 string sweeps that really mess you up.
Quote by marmoseti
Mastering your instrument is being able to play whatever you hear in your head, unhindered by inadequate technique. After that, it's all about what you've got to say, so there would be no "best," just a bunch of people saying exactly what they mean.
There's no key called A7. But there is such thing as A, but A what. Major, minor?
Quote by natedapunk

well for me n-e-way. how long have you been playing?
Quote by ColdbulleT
There's no key called A7. But there is such thing as A, but A what. Major, minor?

Its A minor