what makes a bass easy to slap? i tried i think it was an ibanez bass at gc and it had a perfect slapping tone at the slightest touch of the bone thing on my thumb, and it was super easy to pop too. when i tried a jazz bass, it was difficult for me to slap n pop, i had to do it extra hard to get a good sound out. is it because of the action, pickups, or anything? the neck was really thin.

the ibanez was through a ba115 and the jazz, a marshall. even with the amp off, the ibanez was easier to play
Well, thats why we always say GO TEST THE INSTRUMENTS BEFORE BUYING and pick that one you like the best, but since im multifacetic i just need 5 minutes to get used to the instrument im holding so yeah this rule pretty much doenst apply to me, like when i wear tight jeans i can still kick up my head and im 6`1" so yep, thats what we call multifasetic (i dont remember how to write it though since i last wrote it like 4 months ago...)
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
If I had to hazard a guess, it was a difference in action between the two basses. My Ibanez is easy to slap because at the present time I have the action fairly low.

[EDIT] Another factor perhaps...string gauge. I find light string gauges easier to slap.
Last edited by anarkee at Nov 26, 2007,
Well anarkee i wont have to concur with you in the last sentence since i always buy xtra meds. and can slap like a dog going by hes house 0.o other than that i think ive never acctually tried lights (darn gonna buy a pair 2morrow) to see if then i become a slap god 0.0

@line6: i wasnt actually after anything, just messing around...but after trying that ibanez, i desperately want it xD

yeah, string gauge maybe. but im guessing they're probably the same, cuz they felt kinda the same. the strings on the ibanez felt kind of looser too, but not out of tune. they were bright so new strings, but a lot looser and easier to play, compared to the jazz, which felt tight
In that last thing you said i think that the new ones were the fender`s since they were just outta the packege they are all hard to play (like when i change mines =.= just that im used to that...) and the ibanez just had some used clean and shiny strings, also the brand matters in this fact, the ones i use (washburn slicks) are HELL hard when they are new but after a week they are just fine as any other thing