I need new speakers for a 69 twin reverb. I was thinking a pair of the Eminence Redcoat Tonkers. I have about $225 to spend total. Any suggestions? thanks!
Gibson LP studio premium plus
Epiphone LP Custom
Fender Mexi Strat
Jasmine acoustic-electric
69 Fender Twin Reverb (silverface)
Korg AX3000G
I would use Celestion Vintage 30's or Green Backs...

Redcoats are nice, but not in a Twin Reverb, if you use eminence get Texas Heats, but only for a hot bluessy tone like SRV
alright, thanks!
but my fender amp produces 135 watts. And the Celestion vintage 30's are rated for 60. I forgot if both speakers total had to equal 135 watts combined, or if each speaker had to be rated to 135.
Epiphone LP Custom
Fender Mexi Strat
Korg AX3000G
Im pretty sure it splits it into about 70/70, but im not totally sure

and I didnt even think about that, I just saw classic fender amp and listed good speakers, I completely forgot they were 135w, you could go with Celestion G12ks, they are 100w, or a g12 Century which are 80w.

I have no clue what texas heats are in wattage, but the Eminence RamRod is 75w, which should be good, they focus more on the bass and get a heavier tone, but they let the mids and highs really shine when you need them

EDIT: Texas Heats are 150w, so if it is 135w per speaker they would be good.

what do the stock speakers say for wattage on them?
Last edited by Wylde_Life at Nov 27, 2007,
They don't say anything but they are wired in parallell so I assume that they're both getting 135 watts.
Epiphone LP Custom
Fender Mexi Strat
Korg AX3000G
then I would go with eminence and get something like Texas Heats, Heats sound good with anything, IMo they sound best with the harder blues, SRV style, but they can really make anything shine.
Alright, I'll go with those then. Thanks a lot for your help!
Epiphone LP Custom
Fender Mexi Strat
Korg AX3000G
Maybe you should consider the Cannabis Rex, since it is a slightly darker speaker. It can remove some of that spiky treble which you may or may not like.