what are the main differences between an LTD deluxe and a ESP standard Eclipse. why does the esp cost so much more?
why does a gibson LP studio cost so much more then an epi studio.....

exactly
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by seizetheday1103
why does a gibson LP studio cost so much more then an epi studio.....

exactly

Because one has the word Gibson on the headstock
the LTD
# 24.75" Scale
# Mahogany Body
# 3-Piece Mahogany Set Neck, Thin "U"-Shape
# Rosewood Fingerboard w/ Flag Inlays
# Earvana Compensated Nut, 42mm Wide
# 24 Extra Jumbo Frets
# Aged Triple White Body, Neck, & Headstock Binding
# Gold Hardware
# Schaller Locking Tuners
# Tonepros T3B-T Bridge & T1Z Tailpiece
# EMG 81 (Bridge) & 60 (Neck) Active Pickups
# Volume 1, Volume 2, & Master Tone Controls
# 3-Way Toggle Switch

ESP
# 24.75" Scale
# Mahogany Body w/ Quilted Maple Top
# Bone Nut, 42mm Wide
# 22 Extra Jumbo Frets
# White Body, Neck, & Headstock Binding
# Chrome Hardware
# Satin Chrome Sperzel Locking Tuners
# Gotoh Tune-o-matic & Tailpiece
# EMG 81 (Bridge) & EMG 60 (Neck) Pickups
# 3-Way Toggle Switch

where are the ltd's made?
Quote by Dudemonkguy
the LTD
# 24.75" Scale
# Mahogany Body
# Earvana Compensated Nut, 42mm Wide
# 24 Extra Jumbo Frets
# Aged Triple White Body, Neck, & Headstock Binding
# Gold Hardware
# Schaller Locking Tuners
# Tonepros T3B-T Bridge & T1Z Tailpiece
# EMG 81 (Bridge) & 60 (Neck) Active Pickups
# 3-Way Toggle Switch

ESP
# 24.75" Scale
# Mahogany Body w/ Quilted Maple Top
# Bone Nut, 42mm Wide
# 22 Extra Jumbo Frets
# White Body, Neck, & Headstock Binding
# Chrome Hardware
# Satin Chrome Sperzel Locking Tuners
# Gotoh Tune-o-matic & Tailpiece
# EMG 81 (Bridge) & EMG 60 (Neck) Pickups
# 3-Way Toggle Switch

where are the ltd's made?

Features aren't what the price is based on, even if both are made in USA alot could be different in terms of quality. Construction is the most overlooked quality of a guitar. People just look at hardware, pickups, and price..
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
LTD is mass produced, and ESP is handcrafted.

Nonetheless, the LTD will still be an awesome guitar, and it might not even be worth the extra money just to have ESP on the headstock and a lack of 2 frets. And honestly, the EC-1000 looks prettier than the Eclipse II.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by Doodleface
Features aren't what the price is based on, even if both are made in USA alot could be different in terms of quality. Construction is the most overlooked quality of a guitar. People just look at hardware, pickups, and price..

even the we're looking at the eclipse II
the japanese eclipse I *they don't sell that in the us* is shaped exactly like a les paul and is part of the highest quality esp series, the navigator series.
i hate to bring up this old thread but why would the "higher end" esp have Gotoh bridge and tailpiece whereas the ltd deluxe has tonepros. everywhere i looked, Gotoh bridges go for like $30 and are non locking and the TonePros goes for $100+ and both the bridge and tail are locking. am i missing something here?
Join the Palomino Players Guild!
Guitars:
Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR (18v mod; Big Block, D-Tuna)
1975 Les Paul Custom replica

Amps:
Orange Dual Terror Head
B-52 AT 212 - might sell this
Palomino V16...dead
"The 400 series LTDs are made on an assembly line in Korea whereas the series below 400 are made in Indonesia. LTDs are made out of cheaper materials than ESPs and ESPs use better quality hardware. The custom ESPs are handcrafted in Japan while the standard ESPs are made in the ESP factory in Japan."
Quote by kasso
i hate to bring up this old thread but why would the "higher end" esp have Gotoh bridge and tailpiece whereas the ltd deluxe has tonepros. everywhere i looked, Gotoh bridges go for like $30 and are non locking and the TonePros goes for $100+ and both the bridge and tail are locking. am i missing something here?

Brand name + high cost != quality
Quote by guitarnoize
"The 400 series LTDs are made on an assembly line in Korea whereas the series below 400 are made in Indonesia. LTDs are made out of cheaper materials than ESPs and ESPs use better quality hardware. The custom ESPs are handcrafted in Japan while the standard ESPs are made in the ESP factory in Japan."

who said that?

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by RockDJ
Brand name + high cost != quality

ok? thats what im trying to say. the higher quality ESP comes with lower quality hardware than the lower quality LTD guitar. why?
Guitars:

Amps:
Orange Dual Terror Head
Palomino V16...dead
Quote by Dudemonkguy
what are the main differences between an LTD deluxe and a ESP standard Eclipse. why does the esp cost so much more?

ok um the ESP is made in japan which is good. but the LTD is in korea i think n thats not bad really. its a deluxe, so thats actully a very nice guitar for its price, if ur considering buying one i would. the only thing better, i feel is the standard series ESP or like an edwards or navigator or sumthin but theyre realy expensive. or an actual gibson of corse but i only played one les paul n it had a nasty neck.
Lets all be nice
Quote by kasso
ok? thats what im trying to say. the higher quality ESP comes with lower quality hardware than the lower quality LTD guitar. why?

!=

Means does not equal.
"=/=" would have been more clear.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
!= is the universal standard form of "not equal" in pretty much every computer language, and discrete mathematics text book. If you've never seen it before, remember it from now on, because you will see it again.
1996 Strat Plus (modded)
Peavey Classic 50
ZVex Fuzz Factory
Vox Clyde McCoy wah
Maxon AD-999 delay
LTD has 24 frets, ESP has 22. LTD has ESP branded locking tuners, ESP has Gotoh Magnum locking tuners. LTD has a Tonepros bridge, ESP has a Gotoh bridge.

Other than that... hmm. The ESP is made in Japan. I'm not sure where the LTD is made. I think the Deluxe series is also made in Japan but I might be wrong. ESP will probably have better quality control but the LTD will still be of very high quality. Oh, and most of the LTDs have white abalone binding while the ESPs don't. It really all comes down to budget, look preference, and whether or not you need 24 frets.
ESP = made in ESP japan factory, better quality control, better craftsmanship, better attention to detail, better hardware, better tone woods. This is a guitar you would want to keep for a long long time.

LTD Deluxe = made in Korea, lower quality woods, but still excellent guitars.
Quote by steel337
ESP = made in ESP japan factory, better quality control, better craftsmanship, better attention to detail, better hardware, better tone woods. This is a guitar you would want to keep for a long long time.

LTD Deluxe = made in Korea, lower quality woods, but still excellent guitars.

how does the ESP have better hardware? from my understanding, TonePros offers a better TOM and stop tail than Gotoh or am I wrong? also the Earvana nut on LTD is supposed to intonate a lot better.
Guitars:

Amps:
Orange Dual Terror Head
Palomino V16...dead
Holy crap, I didn't realize how old this thread was. In fact, I've posted in it twice already. 0.o why the hell was it brought back?
Quote by kasso
how does the ESP have better hardware? from my understanding, TonePros offers a better TOM and stop tail than Gotoh or am I wrong? also the Earvana nut on LTD is supposed to intonate a lot better.

A: It might be some special bridge that Gotoh made just for ESP to a higher standard.

B: Those Earvana nuts are a scam. They don't really do anything for the intonation, and ESP knows this. That's why they just use regular nuts in the ESP Standard series.
Quote by mafropetee
Holy crap, I didn't realize how old this thread was. In fact, I've posted in it twice already. 0.o why the hell was it brought back?

sorry i brought it back because i cant get a straight answer about the bridge and tail from anyone. I'm still going to buy the eclipse II, though.
Guitars:

Amps:
Orange Dual Terror Head
Palomino V16...dead
Quote by kasso
sorry i brought it back because i cant get a straight answer about the bridge and tail from anyone. I'm still going to buy the eclipse II, though.

Eclipse II's are the equivalent of the LP Studios.

Not the best idea.