So, I've been doing some online researching for the past few days and looking at some deals that people got on Highway One Strats (SSS) that they sold for as low as 380 at Guitar Center. I was mind boggled, and thought it was some lame joke when I first saw it. But little did I realize it was no joke, I saw people getting similar deals popping up everywhere from forum to forum on the internet. Now, that (400 dollars) is the cost of a MIM strat, but for a great quality MIA strat originally 750 dollars, this definately caught my attention. As soon as I heard about these deals, I went to my local guitar shop (house of guitars) and played one. It was AMAZING. The sound, the look, everything, and all that for 400 dollars? No way.

So my question for you guys it, does guitar center normally have these prices for that guitar, or is it just for a special sale that was held a few months ago (the posts about them getting it at that price were mostly around that time.) If they don't have the sales up now, will they set up some on the guitar a week or 2 from now for the holidays?

PS - My dad is a great bargainer, he can get a lower price if needed (why am I adding this, I do not know.)
Quote by SloppyJoseph
It doesn't fit my playing style at all so I figured it would be good for me
It was on sale for last weekend.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
yea.
it was on sale.
everything was.
black friday 8-10 AM. sweet stuff
There's a place where a depth charge ignites.
But do you know if there going to have another sale soon?
Quote by SloppyJoseph
Ha, I just called 2 of my local Guitar Centers.

Call 1:

Me - Are you going to have a sale on your Highway One Strat anytime soon?
Lady - Hold on...

*one minute wait*

Lady - Sorry, Pat isn't working here today.
Me - Huh?
Lady - Were you looking for Pat?
Me - No...
Lady - Then what did you say?
Me - Are you going to have a sale on your Highway One Stratocaster (HOS said very slowly.)
Lady - Not that I know of.
Me - Bye.

Call 2:

Me - Hello, are you going to have a sale on your Highway One Strats anytime soon?
Man - Not sure, but we DO have everyday low prices, if that's what you meant.
Me - *hangs up*
Quote by SloppyJoseph
Quote by TheReFiller

Me - Hello, are you going to have a sale on your Highway One Strats anytime soon?
Man - Not sure, but we DO have everyday low prices, if that's what you meant.
Me - *hangs up*

Brilliant!

But anyways, Im not sure about what Guitar Center is doing, but I usually see these go for $400-500ish on eBay. Its always stuck me as a pretty nice deal
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
So that's all the replies everyone?

Well, I'm going to GC this weekend to get to the bottom of this. I really hope they continue/revive the sale on that guitar.
Quote by SloppyJoseph
Quote by TheReFiller

Well, I'm going to GC this weekend to get to the bottom of this. I really hope they continue/revive the sale on that guitar.

They won't.

It was a Black Friday Weekend special.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
you probably saw results of the black friday morning sale.

and as for the highway one...well, you shouldn't set your mind on something just because it's mia. that's similar logic to getting a marshall or a gibson just because of the name. play it. two friends in my music program who live together have a highway one and an mim deluxe that i've gotten to play side by side through the same amp, and the mim sounded much better to me.
Quote by TheReFiller
So that's all the replies everyone?

so you're not familiar with how Black Friday sales work?

usually only for a very limited time on the morning after thanksgiving sunday. companies will generally NOT price match or do what you're hoping.
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
From what I hear Highway one strats have been cheap at Guitar centre for a couple of weeks now, probably best to go and have a look yourself.
Fender Classic Player 60s Strat
Washburn HB35
PRS Santana SE
Yamaha Pacifica 112MX
Vox AD30VT
Fender Champion 600
Dunlop wah
Danelectro Cool Cat fuzz
Calling CG cab be a useless task. When the phone rings anyone picks it up. I have gotten to know a few sales men so I ask for them by name when you buy as much as I have or are there on a regular basis they remember you. If you do not know anyone ask for the guitar dept manager he's the one the other salesmen go to when you try and cut a deal. It's usually up to him to knock off a few bucks. As far as the sale goes I am pretty sure it was a one day deal. They probably will have more sales between now and Christmas. Your best bet is to go in and see what they can do for you. I like going to the store so many times I went in there for one thing and saw a used guitar I liked better for much less. Check Musicians Friend, GC is their sister company and usually has the same deals sometime better deals. Right now they offer free shipping on orders over $49.00. So it's worth it if they have what your looking for for the price you have in mind.

John
Those are the old, un-upgraded ones.
Fender Classic Player 60s Strat
Washburn HB35
PRS Santana SE
Yamaha Pacifica 112MX
Vox AD30VT
Fender Champion 600
Dunlop wah
Danelectro Cool Cat fuzz