Hey all, me and my little brother were trying to make custom songs on Guitar Hero... and we used a method that didn't involve us modding our PS2, so anyways we made this tool and we put it in our disc drive to pull it open... and it didn't pull the tray open. Now whenever we push the button to open the disc tray it won't open.

Anyone have any tips on how to fix this? Also let me say in advance that we were dumb and rushed into things... I'd just like to be able to fix them without having to buy a new PS2.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
send it to sony... I doubt anyone here can possibly fix and diagnose it without looking at the PS2. The tray could be jammed, the motor could have broken, anything...
Quote by kgesme21

Quote by Hsupernova

Oh yeah, and if guitar hero got you into the guitar? you're really playing for the wrong reasons.

there is no wrong reason to play a guitar, except for world enslavement and extermination of certain races, but those guys never make it big anyway.
Lol i'm only laughing because this just happened to me about a month ago. You broke the front off the disc tray, didn't you? Yeah...thats stuck for good. My dad had to break mine open to get the original guitar hero disc out, and I had to pay for another ps2. DONT DO THIS!!!!! lol
Quote by jackson action
just buy a ps3 dont waste money on a ps2 lol that wouldnt be smart

or don't waste your money on either and buy a Wii because they are fifty times better and still cheaper.
Member #3 of the Breaking Benjamin Fanclub PM Electric7 to join.
Actually, its probably out of the canal, you just gotta open the PS2 and re-insert it back into it.
- Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
- Don't do to others what you wouldn't like others to do to you.
- Live and let live.
- Always tell the truth.
- If someone looks at you, just give them a nice smile they won't soon forget
Quote by jackson action
just buy a ps3 dont waste money on a ps2 lol that wouldnt be smart

Neither would wasting money on a PS3.
<Han> I love Hitler
well thank you guys... it's pretty disheartening. I'll try my best to fix it but we might have to buy a used PS2.

Click me, or I'll die.

PS2s are worthless pieces of sh*t. I recommend you upgrade to a PS3. Or the more obvious choice. Just buy PC games or get a 360.
Quote by Iamafunguy
PS2s are worthless pieces of sh*t. I recommend you upgrade to a PS3. Or the more obvious choice. Just buy PC games or get a 360.

I do buy PC games...

but I don't game ever, only Guitar Hero on occasion. Since I have all the games on PS2 it doesn't make much sense to upgrade.

Click me, or I'll die.

a friend of mine did something like this and the tray broke. he ended up taking the whole thing apart and having to put the disc in the machine manually. the reset/eject buttons were removed from the main part and sat about 6 inches from the rest of the machine, it was so ghetto.
Well since it's not working anyway, you can open your PS2 and take a peek. Maybe you'll find what's wrong internally. What exactly did you do with the 'tool'? All you needed to do was use the slide tool to 'latch' on to the white pin to 'unlock' the tray. From there you should be able to pull out the tray with your hand.

http://orthogonl.byethost9.com/files/PS2/tutorials/SlideCards.pdf
What ype of PS2 u have??The bulky one or the 7k series which is slimmer??
'Its Better To Burn Out Than Fade Away'

Strat Copy
Marshall VS15R
Boss ME-33