I was never in love with the tone of the guitar, (i've actually been trying to sell it cuz i got a Schecter Hellraiser FR but no1s willing to pony up the $425 i want for it) but now i've paid off the other guitar without having to sell it so im thinkin about keepin it. I'm ganna need some new pickups though; I'm leanin towards a lighter sounding tone that can get a little dirty like for blues or rock. Anyone got any opinions? Forget a price limit too, i can save up enough for a good set.
no offense but an epi les paul custom for blues isn't that great ( i have a epi les paul I returned it in 1 week) the sound is SO thick. try trading it for a stardard MIM strat. the Stardard is great for the price and even sounds better for blues. I Haven't seen many try to play blues with a lp
There are different types of "blues" tones; I like the warmth .

What amp do you have?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
amp is 90% of your tone (you probably have heard this before, lol)
Let's play the save up for a new amp game.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
what amp are you going to buy?

and i'd recommend

dimarzio virtual hot paf

or an air zone for a thicker tone and higher output

EDIT: double post fixed
Last edited by deluxity at Nov 27, 2007,
Quote by jgrant391
I was never in love with the tone of the guitar, (i've actually been trying to sell it cuz i got a Schecter Hellraiser FR but no1s willing to pony up the $425 i want for it) but now i've paid off the other guitar without having to sell it so im thinkin about keepin it. I'm ganna need some new pickups though; I'm leanin towards a lighter sounding tone that can get a little dirty like for blues or rock. Anyone got any opinions? Forget a price limit too, i can save up enough for a good set.

get some iron gear "hot slag" pickups. theyre £25 uk each with free uk delivery from a small firm with low overheads. the samples on the website sound good. i am getting a pair for my epi LP standard this month for a bluesier tone than the standard gibson designed pups.
Thank you please.
There's also a discount for UG members as far as I know.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
You can try the p90 pickups made to fit in a place of a humbucker. Alot brighter sound but thicker than a strat single coil.