I've noticed that some Jackson Stars (from Japan) have Schaller Double Locking tremolos, and not OFR's. What's the difference, and which is better?
Schaller is a German company which used to make the original Floyd Rose bridges. Now they make their own licensed version of the trem to, presumably, the same quality standards, but with a slightly different dimension set.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by pifty
Schaller is a German company which used to make the original Floyd Rose bridges. Now they make their own licensed version of the trem to, presumably, the same quality standards, but with a slightly different dimension set.

Schallers have slightly longer baseplates. Also, the baseplates themselves are not hardened steel, but the knife edges are hardened steel inserts. Thats the main difference. And Schaller uses shorter lock bolts. Personally, I can't tell a difference and it should hold up just as well as an OFR.
i think people say they sound and feel slightly different? i haven't tried the two head to head, so can't personally say for sure. i'd say they're of similar quality, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?