This is my first post, but I come here because my friend said this was a good site to get advice with guitars and equipment.

So I have a Schecter Diamond Series Griffin and a 75 watt Line-6 amp that I received for my birthday.
And I have about $700 possibly a bit more to buy a half stack with for the band I'm playing in.

I would describe my band's sound as metal.
Similar to Tool, yet with a grunge feel similar to Nirvana.

I was thinking of possibly buying this amp
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Marshall-MG100HDFXMG412-Slant-Cab-Half-Stack-Package?sku=482807
or
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-HD150-Guitar-Amp-Head-Spider-III-412-Speaker-Cabinet?sku=485062

Your advice is greatly appreciated.
I personally wouldn't buy either, for a good metal tone, go for a marshall JCM 900, or an JCM 800. Their all tube heads, about 500-600$ without a cab. But you can scoop the mids and get a great metal tone, You won't get anywhere near Adam jones, you would need two Diezels ( 4,000$ apiece) a mesa triple recto, a 1968 marshall bass amp, and thousands of effects, and adams hands.. but good luck man.
neither. I find that line 6 amps suck (or i personally think so) and Marshall MG's are just as bad. i would you do what korn_klown_14 said and go for a Marshall JCM 800 or 900. you'll need more $$, but it will be worth it in the long run.
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
That 75w could be used. Thats exactly what i use for my band. Buy a tube amp if you want something better
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
*moved*
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Both amps you're looking at suck.

Take a quick glance at my sig.

Ok, now think tube combo. With $700, you could get a 30-50W 1x12 tube combo that would blow your current amp out of the water in both volume and tone. The Traynor YCV series would be a good place to start looking. Maybe a Peavey XXX or a used Mesa F series.

Much better amps out there.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
i have a style simular to you, id look into used marshall jcm900s or dsl's, 800s are actually a tad expensive now adays, but id look into those, im not a big fan of peavy but the XXX might suit your style
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210