So here's the story. My band is playing some songs at a school pep rally in a few months, and one of the songs everyone is dying to hear is Smells Like Teen Spirit. It's a simple song and all, so it's no problem, but we have two guitarists and no one wants to be left out of course. I was wondering what some good Rhythm guitar to play might be. I know the main riff sounds pretty good over the solo and verse, but it's kind of boring to just repeat through the whole song.

Can anyone give me some tips for some Rhythm guitar that will actually sound descent?
My Gear:
ESP LTD F-50 Black Cherry Black Hardware
Crate XT10 10watt amp
More to come soon
Member of the Guitarists Born in 1990 Club. PM Gibson_God11 to Join.
power chords, at least with smells like, try the same as the lead but with different roots or effects, maybe chorus or tremelo
i would say just have the rhythm do the intro/verse chord progression, just dont mute it (ie. have him follow the bass), but im not sure how good that would sound, or one of you learn a harmonized solo that would kick everyones ass

oh p.s. for the verse have him do the bass chord progression palm muted
Quote by DeadMeadow
You seriously need to get your dog a playmate.. either another dog or your hand cause thats gotta be hard on your animal... you every try masturbating with your nose?
Quote by yellowshirtguy
Just solo over that main riff? its pretty simple.

he said rhythm guitar
Just have it play whatever the bass plays, and double the first guitar during the 'loud' parts.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
bass chord progression palm muted is a good idea. Thanks.
My Gear:
ESP LTD F-50 Black Cherry Black Hardware
Crate XT10 10watt amp
More to come soon
Member of the Guitarists Born in 1990 Club. PM Gibson_God11 to Join.
np
Quote by DeadMeadow
You seriously need to get your dog a playmate.. either another dog or your hand cause thats gotta be hard on your animal... you every try masturbating with your nose?