I have a paper due tomorrow for biology on Hemophilia. I've put it off cause I thought it would be easy. Wasn't as easy as I thought it was gonna be. I can get most of it down, but I'm having a hard time understanding the genetics of it. I was wondering if any one could check out the genetics part on the wiki and simplify it for me. I can expand off of it, so it just needs to be something I can make sense of.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemophilia

Any help would be really appreciated.
Do your own damn work. Slacker.
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
your blood doesn't clot as fast, it's recessive and carried by the mother but only guys can be affected by it.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
^ Internet bitch-slap
I was not offended
Or drown in my own shit.
read it....

then read it again...

after you finish.... read it again

if you still can't understand

read it again, but pay attention to every sentence in it this time
Ok. The female is carrying the X-chromosome that has hemophilia attached to it. If that gene gets passed on, and a the male passes on his Y-chromosome, the hemophilia will manifest itself even though it is recessive, since the y-chromosome does not have the matching factors to dominate it. . It is possible for females to be a hemophiliac, if the mother passes on the faulty x-chromosome, and the male is already afflicted with hemophilia and passes on his x-chromosome. Also, there's always the chance of random mutation.
<Han> I love Hitler
isn't hemophilia when you **** bloody things?
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by HaKattack
Ok. The female is carrying the X-chromosome that has hemophilia attached to it. If that gene gets passed on, and a the male passes on his Y-chromosome, the hemophilia will manifest itself even though it is recessive, since the y-chromosome does not have the matching factors to dominate it. . It is possible for females to be a hemophiliac, if the mother passes on the faulty x-chromosome, and the male is already afflicted with hemophilia and passes on his x-chromosome. Also, there's always the chance of random mutation.

Did you learn that from UG? No? Then why help this guy be lazy? He's not gonna learn anything getting answers from people on the internet.

Quote by civildp1
isn't hemophilia when you **** bloody things?

That's uh...hemrrhoids homey... :|
I was not offended
Or drown in my own shit.
Quote by Blow Me
Did you learn that from UG? No? Then why help this guy be lazy? He's not gonna learn anything getting answers from people on the internet.

Sure he is. He already learned about the genetic characteristics of hemophilia.
<Han> I love Hitler
Quote by HaKattack

Thanks much!

And I wasn't looking for someone to do it for me. I need clarification so I could finish writing my paper myself.
That's it! You graduate HARD! :|
I was not offended
Or drown in my own shit.