Now before u all go crazy on me. I just thought it would be kinda cool if nirvana did a reunion tour with someone like Wes Scantlin doing guitar and vocals. What are some of your dream reunion tours and who would u pick to fill in for members who can't be present?
Wes Scantlin? I always thought that he was a Kurt wannabe.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
i'm not a fan of reunion tours seeing how I like to picture my band with it's original members and what made them a band that I love. As well, no one would want to see a Nirvana reunion tour. Not for the fact that they don't like Nirvana but too many people would be pissed off at the fact that they are trying to attempt such a feat
wow this thread is full of phail
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
Quote by tands
worst idea ever, kurt was nirvana

be like david bowie touring without david bowie

but david bowie did tour without david bowie...
Kurt could be replaced by Daniel Johns, he just needs to grow longer hair though.
My cancer spot is much bigger than yours

Quote by HumBucker666
I get carrot skinned regularly by a electrified carrot skinning device

Quote by GrEgUms1991
I have a small penis if that counts?

^ some pretty awesome sh!t ( click )

Europeans Unite!
Quote by Hexagram
i'm not a fan of reunion tours seeing how I like to picture my band with it's original members and what made them a band that I love. As well, no one would want to see a Nirvana reunion tour. Not for the fact that they don't like Nirvana but too many people would be pissed off at the fact that they are trying to attempt such a feat

Yeah, I don't like seeing the "40th Anniversary Reunion, with 2 of the 5 original members!" Thats just stupid. Its not a reunion, its a lack of money.
wes who? that guy from seether can produce the kurt cobain voice but no one can replace kurt it wont be right it would be like seeing a nirvana cover band with its 2 original members. nice try though!!
Now Daniel Johns WAS a Kurt clone.

Thankfully, Silverchair collectively grew up and made some good music (though their latest is a little experimental for my liking). I always thought it a pity Nirvana always stuck to the same depressing stuff. Thankfully Dave Grohl grew up.
It would NEVER happen. 2 reasons
1. Courtney love is insanely litigious and she would sue the **** out of everyone involved
2. Krist and Dave are still getting super rich off of continued royalties and they liked Kurt and the music of Nirvana too much to desecrate the memory with some loser like Scatlin or that guy from Seether.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Or they could just take kurts corpse, rig 'em like a string puppet, and make a paper mache head. i dont even like nirvana and id pay to see that.
Quote by MiasmA
Or they could just take kurts corpse, rig 'em like a string puppet, and make a paper mache head. i dont even like nirvana and id pay to see that.

I agree it would be a highly entertaining show.
Only one problem, he was cremated.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Kurt played in my small town on the nevermind tour but they were still about to explode with SMTS. He went to this bar with drunken old guys and got booed off because he could play Danny Boy and other Irish tunes. If only they knew he sucked famously.

Joking.
Quote by MiasmA

ur sick in the head if youd want to see that. do you also **** corpses? sick man i hope you were joking
Quote by civildp1
I agree it would be a highly entertaining show.
Only one problem, he was cremated.

ROFL.

that would be one hell of a jigsaw.
Quote by urdad
ur sick in the head if youd pay to see that. do you also **** corpses? sick man i hope you were joking

oh of course i was joking. The pit already has its fair share of necrophiles and necrophiliacs, no need for another one. I just dont have that "reverence" towards nirvana many people have.
Quote by ElephantTalk
ROFL.

that would be one hell of a jigsaw.

Alrite men, we are going to break scientific ground and REVERSE CHEMICAL CHANGES. were gonna need 7 kilos of pure heroin, cap'n crunch, a laundry hamper, a human pyramid, and 7 of the finest dodgeball players in the eastern hemisphere.
Quote by MiasmA
Alrite men, we are going to break scientific ground and REVERSE CHEMICAL CHANGES. were gonna need 7 kilos of pure heroin, cap'n crunch, a laundry hamper, a human pyramid, and 7 of the finest dodgeball players in the eastern hemisphere.

good point his ashes would be tasty and carsonagenic.
delete
Guitar:
Floyd Rose discovery series 3 (with speed loader bridge)
Gibson Les paul studio
Pedals:
Zoom G2.1U pedal
Amps:
vox valvetronix 50 watt
Dean "stack in a box" headphone amp
Last edited by unforgiven_hope at Sep 7, 2017,
Quote by civildp1
It would NEVER happen. 2 reasons
1. Courtney love is insanely litigious and she would sue the **** out of everyone involved
2. Krist and Dave are still getting super rich off of continued royalties and they liked Kurt and the music of Nirvana too much to desecrate the memory with some loser like Scatlin or that guy from Seether.

+1
Indeed. Courtney Love is physco with that sorta stuff. Unless she needs money or something. Then its alllll for sale.

Krist and Dave have other things going on now. & I think they respect the memory of Kurt a little to much to think they can just replace him like that.

I think reunion tours a so-so. But it would never be as good as seeing them in their prime. Whoever they may be.
Quote by metacarpi
t3gan? Coming to the UK?

*smooths mair and straightens shirt*

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
t3gan and Bec > Tegan and Sara.
see this is what i meant by going crazy on me. i mean no sh*t kurt cobain was nirvana. i just thought it would be a nice one time tour for those of us who werent old enough to go to a nirvana concert when one was available in the early 90s (i'm only 19). and yea i agree it would NEVER happen because of courtney. but i wasnt asking if it was possible i just thought it would be a nice tour. not an extreme NIRVANA tour. just a nice little tour for those who didnt get to see a nirvana concert. it wouldnt have the same quality, sure. but it would have been a taste.
You do realise that going to any band's concert without the original members, specially a band like Nirvana, is like going to some other band's concert. No matter who can copy Kurt in every way, the little things that made him tick on and off stage will never be dublicated cause we can never know what exactly went on in the head of Mr.Cobain. But yaa, such a tour could be nice, it won't be a Nirvana tour at all though, just Dave, Kirst and some guy filling in for vocals and guitar duties. If only we could bring Kurt back to life...where's a witchdocter when you need one...
Quote by chimneyfish
"death-metal is the best when its in the shape of a dildo and shoved in my ass"

Born to lose...
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...live to Win
Quote by civildp1

no, no there not, they each own 1% of the nirvana catalog
Quote by unforgiven_hope
KURT WAS NIRVANA. I wouldn't be nirvana. It would be Dave and Krist fet. _____

That's because Nirvana were three people, and you were not one of them.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
A reunion without it's original members (especially withouth the singer) would be like paying a hell of a lot to see a cover band.
Yahyah
Quote by tands
worst idea ever, kurt was nirvana

be like david bowie touring without david bowie

No it wouldn't because David Bowie is a single artist, not a band.

Nirvana was a band. People die.

Everyone thought Alice In Chains wered done when Layne died, but were are they now? Just finished touring, and will begin recording a new album next year.

Kurt WASN'T the band.

He was the singer.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Quote by dxpaintball8000
Now before u all go crazy on me. I just thought it would be kinda cool if nirvana did a reunion tour with someone like Wes Scantlin doing guitar and vocals. What are some of your dream reunion tours and who would u pick to fill in for members who can't be present?

Nah man, it would never work.
That would be like Queen going on tour without Freddie.... oh wait
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']

He was the singer.

He was also the songwriter and guitarist too.

I can see what you're saying about a reunion tour; but with Nirvana, it just wouldn't work.

I'd rather just get a time machine and see them in concert

You should kill this thread and make another where you ask which bands that are no more would you see if you had a time machine; so everybody can stop bitching.
"Sticking Feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken"--Tyler Durden

Cufk, TisH, Sips
Nirvana wouldn't be good without Kurt. you mayaswell call it something else without Kurt.
Maybe if Kurt stops smoking dope with Tupac in Cuba. Lazy bastards.
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9