Page 1 of 2
I'm in love with the Gibson Les Paul Standard, but 1800 - 2300 bucks is simply too much to pay. I don't like Gibson Les Paul Studios btw, so that doesn't count. I would hope the guitar would be made in America, but Japanese is good too. Any suggestions? Also, I've noticed some "Orville" Les Pauls on Craigslist. How are they?
uhh those really nice epiphone les pauls go for like 600...but theyre really not as good as a studio, so i donno what to tell you.
Epiphone Elitist series will probably be of similar quality

There's a bunch of Japanese LP copies that are probably around that price- Tokai, Orville I think, Edwards? I'll wait for Dave MC to come tell you about those.
Washburn Idols are pretty hardass but they kinda tweaked the les paul shape a bit.
ESP/LTD EC-1000? Not sure what color you want but the sunburst model comes with duncans, the other colors have EMG's.
Quote by Bobbito315
Washburn Idols are pretty hardass but they kinda tweaked the les paul shape a bit.

Idol would be your best bet

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&from=R10&_trksid=m37&satitle=washburn+idol&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=92504&sabfmts=1&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&price=1&saprclo=&saprchi=1200&fsop=1%26fsoo%3D1&coaction=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search

here is a list on ebay for under 1200, let me know if you got questions.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
epiphone elistists are a good clone, they are wired at the gibson factory, ESP Eclipse are another good choice, wasburn idols are ok, but to me that dont actually replicate an lp tone
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Epi Les Pauls are great but play a few first. If you want a true Gibson look for a used one.
Quote by rockr09
ESP/LTD EC-1000? Not sure what color you want but the sunburst model comes with duncans, the other colors have EMG's.

this.
yes Orville's are the closest thing u can get , better if it's a Orville By Gibson.
EC 1000, great quality guitars, there's a version that has duncans in it instead of the emgs, wont be dissapointed by it
Quote by BirdHouse
yes Orville's are the closest thing u can get , better if it's a Orville By Gibson.

those are the same thing.

when gibson wanted to enter the japanese market, there was already a "gibson" guitar company. Orville's ARE gibsons made in Japan with identical specs.

for something cheaper, check out burny and edwards (which is ESP). also tokai.
within you lay everything
every key
every secret

untouched and in plain sight
Quote by BirdHouse
Orville By Gibson has US part and Orginal US Gibson pickups .

ahh, yes. the electronics are different, as are the finishes.

specs and hardware are the same.

i just wanted to stress that Orville and Orville by gibson are both gibson brands.

MIJ is really the way to go for LP's
every key
every secret

yeaah , best if u get the long tenon ones , the sustain is wicked ! . yea i dont see why people get current made epiphones . i would rather get japan orvilles , japan epiphones , tokai , edwards and many good japanese brand .
Quote by BirdHouse
yeaah , best if u get the long tenon ones , the sustain is wicked ! . yea i dont see why people get current made epiphones . i would rather get japan orvilles , japan epiphones , tokai , edwards and many good japanese brand .

the best thing about being in japan is being able to buy brand new MIJ epiphones only sold to people in japan

well maybe not the best thing, but it's nice.
every key
every secret

Get an Orville. MIJ is considered high quality and Orville is highly regarded.
there aint any new MIJ epiphones made now , there's only the epiphone elitist currently being made in japan if i'am not mistaken .
edwards go about 800 bucks, i think- they're really nice, but with $1200, you might be able to stretch to the next level- edwards relics, tokai japanese relics, bacchus etc. I haven't tried orville, but hear good things.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Quote by BirdHouse
there aint any new MIJ epiphones made now , there's only the epiphone elitist currently being made in japan if i'am not mistaken .

every key
every secret

Yamaha AES series would be a better choice than an Epi LP. For almost the same price depending on where you live.
Are you looking for a zombie online game?
Join the survivors at Dead Frontier
Coming out March 2008

DON'T GET A MARSHALL MG OR A LINE 6 SPIDER.
Put this in your sig if you don't like the usual threads about these amps.
Quote by staticoverdub

sweet sg . i'am pretty sure that epip's dont make MIJ new ones anymore .
Quote by blacklp
epiphone elitist

+1
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
+1 to Orville,The only diff is the word "Orville" or "Orville by gibson" but too bad thier discontinued
Quote by BirdHouse
sweet sg . i'am pretty sure that epip's dont make MIJ new ones anymore .

There's MIJ Epiphones for the Japanese market.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
wait can somebody explain to me what MIJ is?
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
http://www.rondomusic.com/al3000mapcsb.html
or
http://www.rondomusic.com/product1000.html

These get great reviews on all the boards I go to so I bought a 2800 series for my son and you know what, it's a damn fine copy for the money.

The two above are steps above it so I have no reservations about recommending it.

They're made in Korea but 90% of guitars are nowadays and they've come a long way.
Quote by LPstudioWRz28
wait can somebody explain to me what MIJ is?

made in japan.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
go with an LP studio they are better then the Epi's and as good as the standards they just don't have fret binding. If your willin you could go with the BFG for 1000 the really beat up one so if you can live with no fret makers and a beat up guitar (they are actually pretty cool) that is a really really good deal.
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Dave_Mc
made in japan.

lmfao wow im so dense... i had thought about that and was like nahhh
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
^ don't worry, i'm pretty sure i had to be told at the start too...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Bostonrocks
go with an LP studio they are better then the Epi's and as good as the standards they just don't have fret binding. If your willin you could go with the BFG for 1000 the really beat up one so if you can live with no fret makers and a beat up guitar (they are actually pretty cool) that is a really really good deal.

orville's are wayyy better than a gibson lp studio .
Page 1 of 2