So I saw a '92 Ibanez RG550 at a store. They want about $300 for it. It's pretty beat up with lots of dings on the body. The neck and frets are find though. I've checked the serial and it's real. (that's how I know it was made in 92, Fujigen factory)

It's still weird that it doesn't say the RG's model anywhere on the guitar..

Anyway, should I? (FUSCK YOU, GAS!!)
G&L Legacy Special -> Line 6 TonePort GX -> Gearbox\GR2

Fender DG-19 Acoustic
Quote by m3k
So I saw a '92 Ibanez RG550 at a store. They want about $300 for it. It's pretty beat up with lots of dings on the body. The neck and frets are find though. I've checked the serial and it's real. (that's how I know it was made in 92, Fujigen factory)

It's still weird that it doesn't say the RG's model anywhere on the guitar..

Anyway, should I? (FUSCK YOU, GAS!!)

My '99 Japanese Ibanez guitar only has 'RG series' on the headstock, my '89 Japanese Ibanez Bass doesn't say anything in terms of what model it is and my reissue RG doesn't have RG series written on it either, so that's normal.

Anyway, if the neck is in good shape, I'd say get it, although 300$ seems to be on the high end if it really is as beat up as you say it is.

The RG550 is a great guitar though, so, again, if the neck, frets and trem are in good condition, get it if you can.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
I would say its an amazing deal if the hardware and neck are ok. Even though I'm not too fond of RGs, I'd buy it for that price.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Thanks guys. That would be a replacement for my current guitar btw.

The only thing that keeps me from getting it right now is the neck joint. It's SO FREAKING BIG it's hard to get my fingers past he 17th fret.
G&L Legacy Special -> Line 6 TonePort GX -> Gearbox\GR2

Fender DG-19 Acoustic
Quote by m3k
Thanks guys. That would be a replacement for my current guitar btw.

The only thing that keeps me from getting it right now is the neck joint. It's SO FREAKING BIG it's hard to get my fingers past he 17th fret.

It's not too bad.

You just need to get used to it. The AANJ was an improvement, but the old one doesn't absolutely kill upper fret access.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!