What type of pickup will get Led Zeppelin sound? I also was wondering what type of amp would best put out this sound? Also, is it possible to get this sound through a Squire Strat and a Frontman 15g?
92% of teens have moved to rap. I am one of the 8% that listens to real music.
Their typical overdrive sound used in most of the solos.
Just get a new amp.
Quote by sSyLc
Looking for a bj from an unsuspecting animal eh?
Member of The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society
Quote by denizenz
I came, I saw, I cleaned it up.
Quote by LT.
Their typical overdrive sound used in most of the solos.

Don't know if there is any one pick up or amp. But it really sounds like the neck pick up with the tone knob turned down a bit.

slightly over medium gain and bass, high treble, hid mid...
Last edited by TSelman at Nov 27, 2007,
Quote by LT.
What type of pickup will get Led Zeppelin sound? I also was wondering what type of amp would best put out this sound? Also, is it possible to get this sound through a Squire Strat and a Frontman 15g?

I guess you'd need something like a Les Paul, or at least a guitar with humbuckers (maybe something like the Dimarzio PAF classic) and something like a mildly overdriven tube amp.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by rbusta
jimmy uses a gibson les paul standard

Well he uses more than that, like a Telecaster for instance, but yes, that does seem to be his main type of guitar.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Well, I do have the Fat Strat model, so also I was thinking of getting a 30-50watt Vox AD series amp, will this get a better tone for this purpose?
A very large portion of Zep's discography was recorded with a telecaster and a small tube amp.

He likely used the LP live because they feed back less.
Check out Valevetronix.net and click on juke vox and check some settings for Led's songs and you judge if it would work for you....
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1 (moDE)

Ibanez Electro-Acustic

Zoom G2.1u

Roland Cube 60
Vox AD50VT 2x12

And A Great Passion!

Best Spanish Rock Band IS and WILL always be "Heroes Del Silencio"!!!!!