Flaming will ensue. There is no doubt about that.

I'm not going to comment on MGs, though, because I think everyone knows where I stand when it comes to them. I am, however, going to tell you that you are a very brave soul to post this on UG...
MGs suck. End of story
A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
Will the barrage of MG threads never end?

That doesn't sound good to my ears, but tone is a subjective matter of course.
oh cmon, i could count this as a spam thread - please stop making these kind of arguements - they DONT work
I only listened to the first 40 seconds, Youtube's damn slow. It sounds alright actually, just a bit thin. You sure that was the MG we could hear?
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by rhcp_freak
I only listened to the first 40 seconds, Youtube's damn slow. It sounds alright actually, just a bit thin. You sure that was the MG we could hear?

yep.
Quote by philipisabeast

Yes they are, especially when you can get this for a similar price

No, now theres a terrible amp if ever I heard one!
Whilst you seem to have spent some time EQing and such to get something useable out of it, it is kind of an uphill battle. The tone still has a slight thinness and is very fizzy.

If you like it, great, that's all that matters.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Kurapica
Whilst you seem to have spent some time EQing and such to get something useable out of it, it is kind of an uphill battle. The tone still has a slight thinness and is very fizzy.

If you like it, great, that's all that matters.

Not spent any time eqing really. its everything at 1 O'clock accept bass at 3 O'clock.
All you can hear is fuzzy weak distortion and somebody playing a few notes... yes the recording wasn't that great but neither is the amp.
Guitars Fender Highway 1 Telecaster, Vintage VS-6, Yamaha C-40 Classical
Amps Laney VC15, Crate GT212 *FOR SALE*
Pedals Fulltone OCD, Vox V847, Marshall The Echohead, EHX Small Clone, Korg DT-10

Member of the Laney Cult
It sounded fine to me. Not at all sucky.
My Stuff!

Yamaha Pacifica 112
Vintage V400-12 Solid Top 12 STRING!!!!!
Yamaha F-310
Yamaha FD02 Solid Top
Orange crush 10
Watson XL15
Zoom G2
Encore PK40

Saxophone: Jupiter somethin or other
Quote by jscustomguitars
CLICK ! ! ! ! !

Done a youtube clip, I really like it for practicing.

That is not good, sounds like (I can't believe i'm saying this) bees in a tin can.
Sorry but that sounds ear-piercingly god awful.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
No offense, but I think the mic placement ruined that as I could hear your pick hitting the strings too much, which is where I think the buzzy comments are coming from.
Quote by CapnKickass
I thought it sounded not bad, the playing was good. Mind I haven't had alot of experience with different amps.

Yeah, the tone coming off his fingers seems to help matters. But yeah, you can get better amps for the money and that's all there is to it.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Pretty cool for £70 I guess, good job with the eq. I payed about £700 for my amp and I think mine sounds 10 times better than the MG so I guess that it's a cool amp for its price

Damn ugly guitar though, I hate that "color"!
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
"MG's arn't that bad"..........erm yes they are.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
are mg's the worst amp ever? no, they arent. but the fact is that the larger ones are over priced and you can get something better for the price. this thread doesnt really say anything useful...