I´ve played about 6 months now and I´ve just been wondering (and eventually skipping) songs that have parts of guitar that go for example like this:

-
-
-
-

..Because I really don´t know how to play them. So the question is -simply enough- how do you play them? -Do you fingerpick them? Do you play them with muting the string in the middle? Or do you just smash your guitar on the wall swearing!?

Thnx.
mute the other strings with your left palm
-Gear-
Line 6 Flextone III Plus
Behringer FCB1010 Emulating a FBV Longboard
I would mute the other strings... but you could try and finger pick them if you want... whatever's easiest for you really
My Band =]
We play some goffic pish
Its fun

Leave us a comment, we'll get back to you =]
depends on the style, if its acoustic i would fingerpick, electric i would mute and strum
Ok, thanks mate. That was one of my options, but why don´t the people who tab the songs just but those x´s in the tab. For pure laziness? :P

Well, anyways this´ll do.

Edit: When it´s a fast-paced rock song with electric it´s far easier to just mute it and strum away in happiness.
i dont see how you'll mute that with your palm. i'd mute it with the middle finger

edit...thats for betwen the two notes....i see what he means about the palm now
probably, but in guitar pro, and powertab, it makes a noise that sometimes sounds dissonant
My Band =]
We play some goffic pish
Its fun

Leave us a comment, we'll get back to you =]
Quote by FNAFJ
probably, but in guitar pro, and powertab, it makes a noise that sometimes sounds dissonant

True.