So I was searching Craigslist and found one of these (2X12) for 650 USD. I want a range of sounds, but mostly distorted stuff, and was wondering if it's worth it?
Sounds good.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
fender distortion isnt my cup of tea, and if you like metal or heavier stuff it probably wont be yours either
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Quote by t3hrav3n
Sounds good.

No it doesn't. Do you even play guitar?

First off, Fender Devilles aren't the nicest amps around, I used to own a 96 tweed blues deville 4x10.

Besides that they have terrible overdrive sounds, the cleans are pretty good, not amazing, but the overdrive is mushy, dull and generally awful.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
I don't really like the overdrive on my Front man. But i use it with my pod and it sounds very nice, ever loud.
deville's are blues amps man, you need something with a bit more pang
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
devilles are o.k. but only for cleans or lightly overdriven blues, ie: "Lenny" or "Voodoo Chile"

not what ur looking for
All the DeVilles' I've played had really nice overdrive and cleans... I'm getting one for x-mas.

TS, go to GC and try one out.
I have a 4x10 and love it. If anything, its to much for me, its freaking loud. As someone said before, the fender overdrive sound is....lacking, for a better word. I just dont use it. Beautiful cleans, bright tone.
the deville is great at what it does for the price. it is not a rock or metal amp
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Masturbate it off.
The DeVille is a pretty good amp for the price range (though an earlier poster is right, you could get it for less elsewhere.) The clean sound is good (fantastic, if you can get your hands on some 7581a's,) and the overdrive is good at lower gains. Basically, if you're not a huge tone snob who thinks he can tell kapton voice coil formers from paper ones by sound alone, and you're looking for a good blues/classic rock/country amp, you'll probably like it.
Spent life's savings on new amp. Totally worth it.
For 650 you could pick up a used Peavey XXX or 5150/6505

Now that's what you want!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Gabel
For 650 you could pick up a used Peavey XXX or 5150/6505

Now that's what you want!

I've heard good things about peavey amps, I'll look into those.

Thanks for all your help, I guess I don't think I'll be getting one of those then. Well, maybe later, if I need a good blues amp (don't want to be a complete power metal horr now)