I had these fitted to my standard USA Strat a couple of weeks back. Really like the sound I'm getting with these. Anyone else have them and like them? Be interested to see what other people think of them.
kipper15

Guitar: Fender MIA 2006 Strat, Callaham upgrades
Pickups: Fender Custom Shop '69
Amp: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
FX: Boss ME-50, Boss FBM-1, Boss FDR-1, Boss FRV-1, Boss GE-7, Vox Wah Wah, Dunlop Crybaby
Misc: Vox JamVOX, Dr Z Air Brake
Last edited by kipper15 at Nov 27, 2007,
I dont have them, but they are very nice sounding... I like them for a SRV bluessy tone, But I still prefer a '59 SSL set from seymour duncan...
Quote by Wylde_Life
I dont have them, but they are very nice sounding... I like them for a SRV bluessy tone, But I still prefer a '59 SSL set from seymour duncan...

They sure are nice. My wife tells me I have an unhealthy love of anything with the words "Fender Custom Shop" written on it! The pickups for me are at least affordle, unlike the CS guitars!

I wanted these because they can also get you a really nice classic late 60s/early 70s rock tone (think Hendrix/early Gilmour PF). I listened to other CS pickups but for me the '69s were the best, although the '54's were pretty nice too.
kipper15

FX: Boss ME-50, Boss FBM-1, Boss FDR-1, Boss FRV-1, Boss GE-7, Vox Wah Wah, Dunlop Crybaby
How much do they improve your sound through your Vox? I have an AD15VT and a Mexi Strat and I was considering putting the 69's in (although I will probably get a tube amp eventually).
Quote by Hoser
How much do they improve your sound through your Vox? I have an AD15VT and a Mexi Strat and I was considering putting the 69's in (although I will probably get a tube amp eventually).

The improvement was significant, and then I upgraded the Vox AD30VT with the Celestion G10 speaker, which made an even bigger improvement. I'm now extremely pleased with my setup, and it's a very nice setup for a new player such as myself!

I would definitely go for the '69 pickups if you want more of a classic Strat tone. The '54's are no slouches either but the '69s just did it for me - a big step up from the stock MIA Strat pickups. No doubt this would be even more noticeable on a MIM Strat.

My set, which I bought only a couple of months back, were initialled by Abigail Ybarra and she used to wind pickups for Hendrix and Clapton, among others. I would say that, unless you're good with a soldering iron, pay a guitar tech to fit them.
kipper15