I want to.

Mostly because I can't find a drummer, and I wanna make 100 % my own songs, where i play guitar, bass guitar, and drums. That'll let me do things I want.

What's a good starting kit?
Blackstar HT-5

Agile AL-2000 with Chrome Hardware
first act
If you can play music with enthusiasm and an honest effort, then no matter how flawed, noisy and unclean the music is, you are a musician. If you play just to be the best, you are not a musician, nor are you worthy of any musician's recognition. - me
If you have an Xbox 360, apparently the game Rock Band is a good way for beginners to get into drumming
Quote by rizo299
It's going to take some serious practice to play live.

You raang?
Rock Band is FTW! Seriously, it's nothing like Guitar Hero (i.e. you ACTUALLY play drums). It taught me how to separate my hands and feet.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Quote by CrushedCan
I want to.

Mostly because I can't find a drummer, and I wanna make 100 % my own songs, where i play guitar, bass guitar, and drums. That'll let me do things I want.

What's a good starting kit?

anything above $300 in a full kit, stay away from first act.....or rock band....or any table top units in the e-drums.

if you cant make noise, roland makes the best v-drums which are nice and quiet electronic drums. I suggest going for the Roland TD3 set or the TD6 set...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/compare?base_pid=447840&base_pid=447838
I figure there's no like tab versio of guitar music right? So do you just kinda...do your own thing?
Blackstar HT-5

Agile AL-2000 with Chrome Hardware
Quote by CrushedCan
I figure there's no like tab versio of guitar music right? So do you just kinda...do your own thing?

of couse there are tabs (cant advertise the site here, try google), but it aint like notes, intervals or that kinda stuff, i think good drumming are complex series of beats and rythms
first, if you start drumming, it has to be because you want to start drumming, not because you cant find a drummer.

i'd like to be a bassist, but all anyone from any band wants is a drummer.... it gets lame after a while

drums are odd instruments because the 'quality' of your timbre is really based on preference... personally, i like a really long, resonating, low snare sound (think cheesy 80s power ballad) and duck-taped toms, but a lot of other drummers like to have a really crisp sound and more 'jungley' sound to the rest of their kit. it all depends on what you like.

good luck, though.
Rock is Dead.

Gear:
Epiphone LPC
Vox AD50VT

Whats the meanest you can be,
To the ones you claim to love,
And still smile to your newfound friends?
Quote by CrushedCan

There are but they're kinda pointless IMHO. Playing drums by ear is a lot easier than guitar, most rock beats are similar (snare on 2 and 4, etc.), and nobody's going to notice if you do a fill a little differently anyway.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?