I've been playing guitar ever since I've registered and I've noticed that when I keep my hand in the shape for power chords, my wrist cramps up. I keep it as straight as possible. any help?
Ibanez Prestige RGA321SPB
That's odd that you've been having that problem for 2 and a half years. I had that when I first started.
Quote by Uranutan
That's odd that you've been having that problem for 2 and a half years. I had that when I first started.

I never power chorded for a while that often.
Quote by papersun87
I had a cyst at the bottom of the back of my left hand that caused some serious pain sort of out of nowhere. You don't have any bumps or anything on your hand or wrist, do you?

Nope
It could be that your strengthening your wrist. What degrees do you have it? I have mine almost 90 degrees. However how long have you played guitar again?
Quote by tarlkea
I've been playing guitar ever since I've registered and I've noticed that when I keep my hand in the shape for power chords, my wrist cramps up. I keep it as straight as possible. any help?

my HAND does that if I play too much.

How hard are you pressing on the frets?
What angle is your wrist at, in comparison to your forearm?

I think it may be the angle...because if your hand doesn't cramp up, and it's just your wrist, then you can't be squeezing the neck that hard. I think it's stiffness, tension, and/or a bad forearm/wrist angle.

::type
07' Gibson LIMITED EDITION Classic w/Emg's (replaced with Blackouts)
Jackson RR3
Peavey 6505+ Head
CryBaby
Ibanez TS9DX Tube Screamer
ISP DECIMATOR
MXR-10 EQ

www.myspace.com/dispozal
Quote by Calgary_Rocker
my HAND does that if I play too much.

... it's stiffness, tension, and/or a bad forearm/wrist angle.

::type

The first thing my new guitar teacher got me to do was consciously relax my fretting arm and fingers. He said I was too tense and trying to strangle the neck.

I haven't had any pain or cramping since learning to relax.
I finger power chords differently than most and about 2 weeks I had this problem, it just went away for me.
I don't powerchord much but when I do it hurts because I the angle I have my wrist at, I haven't found a permanent solution but try repositioning your wrist until you feel comfortable.
MY GEAR
Bella
Ibanez Gio
Cube-20X
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Quote by Adz2706
the worst ive seen is a guy kick this other guy in the head repeatedly and had to be taken to hospital in a helicopter

Who the hell would build a Hospital inside of a Helicopter?
umm I guess I have that same problem, but I've been playing for like, 4 months, anyway, I think it is because of a bad posture,