I noticed that whenever I pick up my guitar to play, I just play. I don't think about any theory whatsoever. I'll just start playing and if my playing starts to stay in the key of G, i'll keep playing in there but i won't think about the scales i use or anything.

Here's the weird part: I actually like the sound/feel of the playing, but I wish i could say that i think about the theory at every part.

Another thing: When i try to improvise or write songs, I'm usually always thinking about the theory.

Is anyone else like this? I can't tell if it's a problem or if i'm just crazy. It's been nagging at me lately because i'm trying to get a band together and if i'm not fully comfortable with my playing i don't know how i'll be able to show others my ability.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
its not a problem... as long as you never plan on writing any decent songs, or as long as you never play any songs in any other key than G
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
i used to do that alot. I would just play random stuff in no specific key or scale. But now, altho i still dont know much in the way of theory, i do play in a scale now, but scales in a key is something im still a bit bad at.
some other guy had the exact opposite problem a couple days ago........or yesterday

w/e

anyways lol
Quote by Kensai
Girls don't have to do anything to be good in bed. If she's got a pulse she's automatically an 8.

Quote by handlerb
its not a problem... as long as you never plan on writing any decent songs, or as long as you never play any songs in any other key than G

Oh that's a relief. Why would i want to do something like that?
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
i think its natural to favor certain keys i know i deffinatly do when ever i improvise i tend to use key of G also just because its the one used most comonly by my fav bands
As marty friedman said "the more you think, the better your solo will sound." or something like that...
        |\
[U]        | |                     [/U]
[U]        |/     .-.              [/U]
[U]       /|_     `-’       |      [/U]
[U]      //| \      |       |      [/U]
[U]     | \|_ |     |     .-|      [/U]
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.