Hey, I was just wondering if the cases that "come" with the Gibson guitar are free. Well before I bought my Les Paul I always thought it was free, which was a good thought . But then when i bought it I had to buy one for like $160+

So are they suppose to be free?
when you order them online from MF the higher end gibbies come with a hardshell. i'm surprised you let GC make you pay for it, bastards.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
dude, haggle with them. they will give you a free hardshell case, even if its not "gibson". i was like "dude i want that sg, it comes with a hard case right?" "of course man ill hook you up." well he was sort of my buddy, but still.

Guitars:
1998 Gibson SG-X Carribean Blue
Dean Avalanche
Amps:
Marshall JCM900 SL-X Head w/ Orange 212 Cab
JMF 120T Vintage
Fender 212DSP
Pedals:
Fulltone OCD, TC Electronics Flashback Delay, MXR Classic Overdrive, TC Electronics Polytune
Quote by wazmunstr
dude, haggle with them. they will give you a free hardshell case, even if its not "gibson". i was like "dude i want that sg, it comes with a hard case right?" "of course man ill hook you up." well he was sort of my buddy, but still.

yeah me and my dad tried to haggle so much. and this is what they said, and i think a lot more places would say this too:

"the original price was $2800 (i forgot what price he said but it was in the high 2000s. and its a Les Paul Classic - Goldtop), and we already gave a discount and lowered it to $1650 (the price was actually lower than the other classics on display but it sounded a lot better). So I can't lower the price anymore, so im sorry but you have to buy this case."

Im not sure how much the stores buy from the companies. but i thought they were suppose to give us a free case, especially if THEY say that it was originally $2800+.

Also, I dont know if MusiciansFriend actually have stores out... do they? And I don't like buying online, because you could get a guitar for a high price that wont sound as good as another guitar of the same exact kind. So thats why I buy in person