Page 1 of 2
I was tutoring.
I stand up.
All of a sudden my temperature raised to about 130 degrees.
I took off my sweatshirt.
Lost all feeling.
Black and white spots everywhere.
Shaking.
Can't stand up.
Go to the bathroom.
Faint on the way there.
No sick from a stomach-ache, headache, and dizziness...

That was the scariest thing i have ever imagined...well maybe second...the other one was when I fell and my eye/temple fell on a wooden stake and made me pass out...

Well even if your not someone who has had that happen to them, post your life-threatening stories...

-Sam
no
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
Once, 'twas long time ago. Went pretty much the same as your story. Not a big deal.
aye that happened to me in school once, almost exactly the same as what you described. got sent home and fell asleep on the couch. when i woke up a few hours later i couldn't get up and was tied to the touch for two weeks. turns out i had the flu.
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

I have had that before actually, just once and quite a while ago. I also had a really weird feeling when breathing, like my lungs weren't extracting any oxygen and I would suffocate despite breathing fine.
you'd be dead. at about 107 degrees your almost dead and should definately be in a hospital.
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
Quote by ExistenceCN-
Sounds like a case for Dr. House

new episode tonight
Gear:
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
happens to me everyday, its caused by low blood pressure.

I don't get it to the extent that you did, i rarely faint from it but i always get the hot flash, black and white, light headed, numb feeling. I've learned to deal with it because it happens so much. Its nothing to worry about, you just stood up quickly when you're body was relaxed and your heart was beating slow. Then there wasn't enough pressure to pump blood all the way up to your head, you're brain didn't get enough oxygen.
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Oh my God! You're the first person to actually notice that link! A pringle to you my friend!

My Surf-o-Strat Project
Quote by thekooliest09
I was tutoring.
I stand up.
Lost all feeling.
Shaking.
Can't stand up.
Go to the bathroom.
Faint on the way there.

That was the scariest thing i have ever imagined...well maybe second...the other one was when I fell and my eye/temple fell on a wooden stake and made me pass out...

Well even if your not someone who has had that happen to them, post your life-threatening stories...

-Sam

Yes but I didn't black out or had a temperature. Skin gets clammy and it feels like your hands and face fall asleep.
ya I've had something close to that happen to me once. I was sick in bed one winter with a mild fever and decided to stay warm I'd bundle up with like 10 blankets. I go to sleep for a few hours than my parents wake me up for dinner, when I get up I'm feeling kinda weak and unsteady, but I make it downstairs. But once I made it into the kitchen my parents are like "you look like ****, are you ok?" so they have me walk to the bathroom to take my temperature but on the way there I start seeing spots and nearly pass out afew times and stumble all over everything. My dad now decides I'm clearly doing drugs and starts interogating me while my mom thinks I'm about to die or something and freaks. So they end up forcing me into the car and driving me to emergency room only to find I'm totally fine by the time we get there. Turns out it was mild heat stroke or something like that.
the same thing happened to me but it wasnt really a bad feeling right before i blacked out
I was sitting in my room and got up and cracked my back, and it felt like the best bone cracking ever, haha. Then I got all dizzy and kinda the black and white thing you described and next thing i know, im waking up haha. I fainted
Also once, I was in the kitchen and my mind was just going crazy and then i couldnt see anything for like 5 minutes, that was scary as hell
Maybe you stood up to fast, after sitting for a while, that has happened to me before
Quote by JDD331
A juggalo? Pokedex that ****.....what are they? like clowns...wannabes?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
B-52 AT212
MXR-101 Phase 90
DeltaLab DD-1 Delay
yep i'm used to it, but it happens to me for a completely different reason. i get nauseous really easily so every time i go to a doctor, see graphic things that aren't fake or hear the words veins, arteries, ect. too much it starts to happen. i go blind AND deaf, sweat a lot, and try to sit down as fast as possible, my body wants to faint but never does and i never have, it's embarrassing but is definitely not life threatening.....
<('.'< ^('.')^ (>'.')>
Quote by thekooliest09
I was tutoring.
I stand up.
Lost all feeling.
Shaking.
Can't stand up.
Go to the bathroom.
Faint on the way there.

-Sam

You fainted...

it's happened to me a few times. mostly when i was like, half-dead from slow blood loss (AKA anemia). i fainted about twice a week in august and early september before i saw a doctor.

if it continues, see a doc. seriously. the stomachache could indicate that you had something like i did.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
I was in the gym benching and started to see dots that were flashing different colors. Passed out on my 8th rep.
I think you're fine.

for me...1st date with a girl..ever. Valentines Day. High School. Took her to the Hot Springs.

We made out in the "caves" (the hotest part) for 45 mins (there's a 15 minute limit for being in there)

when we got out, I went and sat on the edge of the medium temp. pool with my feet in the water...she sat beside me. My hearing faded out, then my vision went blurry, and blacked shortly after. I remember the feeling of falling forward, and these 2 little hands grabbing me from behind. I came to, but was really really dizzy.

I think it was just a temperate shock (or blood rush from standing in your case) that caused both of us to pass out.

Kinda weird, but cool.
07' Gibson LIMITED EDITION Classic w/Emg's (replaced with Blackouts)
Jackson RR3
Peavey 6505+ Head
CryBaby
Ibanez TS9DX Tube Screamer
ISP DECIMATOR
MXR-10 EQ

www.myspace.com/dispozal
Quote by Calgary_Rocker
I think you're fine.

for me...1st date with a girl..ever. Valentines Day. High School. Took her to the Hot Springs.

We made out in the "caves" (the hotest part) for 45 mins (there's a 15 minute limit for being in there)

when we got out, I went and sat on the edge of the medium temp. pool with my feet in the water...she sat beside me. My hearing faded out, then my vision went blurry, and blacked shortly after. I remember the feeling of falling forward, and these 2 little hands grabbing me from behind. I came to, but was really really dizzy.

I think it was just a temperate shock (or blood rush from standing in your case) that caused both of us to pass out.

Kinda weird, but cool.

from making out?
Gear:
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
Hahaha

No, no, she made me feel better when we got home..

Then I came
07' Gibson LIMITED EDITION Classic w/Emg's (replaced with Blackouts)
Jackson RR3
Peavey 6505+ Head
CryBaby
Ibanez TS9DX Tube Screamer
ISP DECIMATOR
MXR-10 EQ

www.myspace.com/dispozal
Quote by V12prowler
happens to me everyday, its caused by low blood pressure.

I don't get it to the extent that you did, i rarely faint from it but i always get the hot flash, black and white, light headed, numb feeling. I've learned to deal with it because it happens so much. Its nothing to worry about, you just stood up quickly when you're body was relaxed and your heart was beating slow. Then there wasn't enough pressure to pump blood all the way up to your head, you're brain didn't get enough oxygen.

wait...ive always thought ive had low blood pressure...

is that when you get dizzy spells...

cause i get those thousands of times...

lol none too bad though...

sometimes i cant stand up though.....
yeah, it's happened to me once or twice, usually when the weather's really crappy and humid and i'm in a crowded place.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Low blood pressure is right. Lying no the floor and putting your legs elevated with solve it almost immediately.

Thats all there is to it.

And yes you would be well dead at that temperature. I know you were exaggerating but I feel like being clever. At around 104 fahrenheit (40 celsius) you begin to suffer brain damage. You'd be quite quickly dead at 42.
Last edited by ClaptonWannabe at Nov 28, 2007,
oh wow, the exact same thing happened to me this morning. i didnt pass out, but i was close. i had to sit down for a minute. it was embarassing, as i was giving a presentation with my group to members of the board of directors :/. its never happened b4 tho, and i feel fine now. so i would venture to say that youll be OK, so long as this dun become a regular thing.
Quote by Dimebag22
This might just be the smartest guy in The Pit. I didn't believe Ethan when he told me there were smart people in The Pit But I was wrong.

yeah, thats me

member 42 of the Iron Maiden are gods club. PM revelations to join
Quote by dumpling_dragon
ya I've had something close to that happen to me once. I was sick in bed one winter with a mild fever and decided to stay warm I'd bundle up with like 10 blankets. I go to sleep for a few hours than my parents wake me up for dinner, when I get up I'm feeling kinda weak and unsteady, but I make it downstairs. But once I made it into the kitchen my parents are like "you look like ****, are you ok?" so they have me walk to the bathroom to take my temperature but on the way there I start seeing spots and nearly pass out afew times and stumble all over everything. My dad now decides I'm clearly doing drugs and starts interogating me while my mom thinks I'm about to die or something and freaks. So they end up forcing me into the car and driving me to emergency room only to find I'm totally fine by the time we get there. Turns out it was mild heat stroke or something like that.

That's good parenting to ya
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by COBHC6
no

Why be such a wanker eh? Don't want to post it, don't fu'ckin' post it then dickhead.
edit: I realise you could be answering to 'as this ever happened to you', but it doesn't look that way.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
Last edited by kidsilcon at Nov 28, 2007,
sounds like herpes
fender aerodyne jazz bass>mxr el grande bass fuzz>boss odb-3>dunlop crybaby bass wah>randall rba 500 es/ampeg 8x10
lol que?
Quote by bearded_monkey
Oh man thats amazing, you win midi pure. I don't care whether it's a competition or not

Quote by halvies

could have been 3 's but there wasn't nearly enough exclamation marks to emphasize the anger/disbelief

oh yeah
Nah man, hope you feel better tho'
Jus' don't panic, k?

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
Quote by thekooliest09
I was tutoring.
I stand up.
Lost all feeling.
Shaking.
Can't stand up.
Go to the bathroom.
Faint on the way there.

That happened to me; only I sorta fainted, fell on the floor and spazzed out a little bit. It was after two joints though.

Were you on drugs?
I'm pretty sure it has to do with the rush of blood to/from your head?

Anyhow. A friend of mine did that once, he was on his front porch playing some Blink 182 junk and jumped off after sitting down for awhile...he passed out
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
130 degrees? Yeah right. Life threatening stories eh?

Can't remember any, but I did run into a tree and fall off a balcony once!
the worst thing that happened to me was when me, my friend, and my sister were riding our bikes around our neighborhood one afternoon and i decided to try to ride my dads bike (this big ass racing bike that was as high up as i am tall) so i knew that i had to stop suddenly i was screwed cause i didnt have good control.

And at one point i was coming down this big hill and my sister was crossing the street on her bike and i was yelling at her to get the **** outta the way but she wasw just standing there paralyzed in fear, then i crashed into her and i flipped over the handlebars and teh back of the bike swung around and the nut that holds the tire on bolted me in the back of my head. I was fully conscious, i wasnt in any pain and neither was my sister, i just remember yelling for my friend to lift the bikes off of us then i was like phew thank god we're alright but then my friend said that there was something on the road and it was a red puddle ... then i saw a blotch of blood drip onto my glasses from my hair.

Scared me ****less and my mom was freaking out even more haha but i only had to have 2 staples in my head

and i doubt anyone read all of that
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Page 1 of 2