I have a guitar recital coming up, i don't really want to do it but i have to.
i need some suggestions for a song that would sound good with only electric guitar and possibly bass, and is fairly technical

genre doesn't matter

GO!
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
Quote by FireandFlames
Through the Fire and Flames

ftw
Quote by Gunpowder
Just remember, you can't spell "Ugly" without "UG"

Quote by tands

nasstyman you are full of win in the same way tobacco companies are full of ****
Under the bridge? If you can pull it off smoothly.

Little wing by SRV! Yeah that'd sound awesome.
Quote by guitarguy17
canon rock?

Too clichéd, everyone and their next-door neighbour can play that these days.

It's not even that impressive.
Stairway would knock 'em dead, if you did it well
"F*ck off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may." -

Tyler Durden
Quote by zanz1bar
Stairway would knock 'em dead, if you did it well

*yawn*
did it four years ago
Vikings? What Vikings? We are but poor, simple farmers. The village was burning when we got here, and the people must have slain themselves.
Arpeggios From Hell by Yngwie Malmsteen is a fantastic technical peice without needed much else then a guitar
Quote by guitarguy17
canon rock?

hell no
everyone can play that damn song
its not hard
and
no
*Insert Buckethead here*
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I masturbated in front of a mirror and I pretended Bob Barker was giving me a handjob.

Quote by Bazilisck311

You know you're a guitar player if the pianist at your wedding plays "Eruption"
Quote by Tonedeth
Arpeggios From Hell by Yngwie Malmsteen is a fantastic technical peice without needed much else then a guitar

that song is a little too much to master in three weeks for me
Quote by COBHC6
that song is a little too much to master in three weeks for me

If the idea of a Malmsteen song interests you, a few easier-to-master ones are Far Beyond The Sun, Black Star, and Evil Eye...you can get backing tracks for them at www.guitarbt.com I think, I'm sure I got mine there.
canon rock ftw.

and/or any of the stuff off of "An Evening With John Petrucci"

if you're feeling daring, Eruption, maybe?
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone