Hi, I want to start playing classical pieces. I will be playing on an electric guitar since I don't have a classical guitar as of yet. I have been playing guitar for about a year, and am looking for some songs to get me started. Maybe challenge me a bit, but not too much. Can you guys recommend some songs that have good TABS for them too? Because I don't play by ear. Thanks,
Be cool.
Quote by thedude051
Hi, I want to start playing classical pieces. I will be playing on an electric guitar since I don't have a classical guitar as of yet. I have been playing guitar for about a year, and am looking for some pieces to get me started. Maybe challenge me a bit, but not too much. Can you guys recommend some pieces that have good TABS for them too? Because I don't play by ear. Thanks,

Look into Sor studies(Am I putting that correctly?). Just watch some videos of some pieces and find ones you like or something I don't know, I'm tired.... By-the-way it is pieces not songs...and if you are going to have to play on a electric I noticed just unplugging the guitar from the amp and playing is not bad. Unless you have a amp with some sort of effect to make it sound similar to a acoustic.
you might want to learn to read music if you are going to pick up classical guitar. It's a pain at first but a well rewarded one.

As for nice beginner studies, look at some Sor and some Carulli.

You should get a teacher if you can, I know it might be hard/expensive but it will make life easier for you. A teacher can always help program your study which direction you should head in etc etc.

Quote by confusius
you might want to learn to read music if you are going to pick up classical guitar. It's a pain at first but a well rewarded one.

As for nice beginner studies, look at some Sor and some Carulli.

You should get a teacher if you can, I know it might be hard/expensive but it will make life easier for you. A teacher can always help program your study which direction you should head in etc etc.

This man speaks the truth,if you plan on getting serious with classical guitar learn to sight read. I suggest checking out Sor and some Giuliani studies, they are nice and some of them are pretty easy. For a pretty easy beginner song maybe Canon in D by Johann Pachelbel or minuet in G by J.S. Bach.
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
You can never fail with Moonlight Sonata by Mr Beethoven
Quote by acjshapiro

Quote by Vrstone87

meh, I've listened to every radiohead album and honestly don't get what everyone loves about them.....

cause you're ****ing stupid

^am i the only person who finds that to be extremely boring? except the third movement of course
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
^yes you are
Quote by acjshapiro

Quote by Vrstone87

meh, I've listened to every radiohead album and honestly don't get what everyone loves about them.....

cause you're ****ing stupid