All right you dark, sick, twisted, evil demons who call themselves the denisons of the pit.....My bands got they're first Paying gig coming up, and i would like to know what would be good songs, now try not to be too cliche here...Were playing for a good couple of hours, and odds are that the people there are gunna be hammered, considering its boxing day....So give me your suggestions....you bastards
Edit:We play Kinda From Buckcherry To GreenDay To like any kinda rockish sons that would be good in bars
But Dad, Nick Cannon is hilarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrious
Last edited by Redmnm at Nov 27, 2007,
Are You Gonna Be My Girl by Jet is one of the best crowd friendly sounds out there
one bourbon, 1 scotch, 1 beer. FTW.
Quote by the.spine.surfs

But really, asking the pit for relationship advice is like asking a girl with braces for a blowjob. Ouch.

Quote by Lil Macker
i first masterbated when i was... 10, i think
or was it 9...
yeah 10
and i'm catholic, don't tell the pope, i'll be holy watered
For pissed people, presumably of mixed ages, you need classic rock songs that they all know from compilation cds people get bought at christmas...you'll need a good singer, but Since You've Been Gone, More Than A Feeling, Poison (Alice Cooper song, not the band :P),
I believe In A Thing Called Love (classic rock influence ish :P), a few Queen songs...

Those sorta songs, though try to be original and not pick the ones I mentioned as they're a bit too cheesy and cliché.

Edit: I used to be in a classic rock/modern rock hybrid covers band and our usual set list for a longer gig was:

Intro *improv. over chords: A->D->E->D*

GreenDay - Basket Case

Queen - Hammer To Fall

RHCP - Zephyr Song *with our own extended solo section*

Bad Company - Can't Get Enough Of Your Love

Santana (improv) - Oye Como Va

Metallica - Fade To Black

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Freebird

*Encore*

The Darkness - I Believe In A Thing Called Love

Quite a mix I know :P We got on average £250 for 45mins-1 hour to split between the 5 of us...£50 a gig for a 15/16year old was pretty wicked really
Last edited by last_biscuit at Nov 27, 2007,
You should know what your band is going to play before you even get the gig. If you don't already have a complete show worked out then you shouldn't be booking yourself.
Originally posted by Neon Knight
Ramco i worship you and your awesome comment \m/
Play deep cuts from famous bands

like an awesome but not often played zeppelin/who/stones/bruce song
ie:
Out on the Tiles/Houses of the Holy/Ramble On

The Seeker/Join Together/Relay/Substitute/Dreaming From The Waist

Happy/Salt of the Earth/Under My Thumb/Let It Bleed/Midnight Rambler

Candy's Room(FTW)/Does This Bus Stop At 82nd Street?/For You/Kitty's Back
for the common rock people. probably stuff you hear on the radio. or come classic stuff. led zep, black sabbath stuff. i dont know im into heavier **** compared to waht the normal masses like.
Definitely Dani California. Everyone knows that song.

Also, play some classic rock, like everyone is suggesting. Deep Purple, The Who, etc.
The.