Ok, so my mom was looking on musicians friend .com and was looking at marshalls since all the posters in my room have a Marshall in the background. So she didn't want to spend too much money on an amp. So she pulled this up.....

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Marshall-MG-Series-Limited-Edition-Zakk-Wylde-MG15MSZW-15w-Microstack?sku=481032

I heard that marshalls aren't as godly as they are said to be, so I was looking at a Line 6 Spider 3 75 watt.

http://line6.com/spideriii/75.html

Whick one should I say I want. I was leaning towards the Line 6 because I have some of their recording equipment and it's awesome, plus it would save money on effects.

Whats your opinion?
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
i played one of the line 6s once and i thought it sounded really fake
but thats just my opinion, you should play both of them or amps that are similar and then make your desicion
A BEER STEIN FULL OF GUMMY BEARS
Quote by tkajr7
i played one of the line 6s once and i thought it sounded really fake
but thats just my opinion, you should play both of them or amps that are similar and then make your desicion

I was hoping on doing that pretty soon but im not sure if my local GC has micro's
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
i personally would say no to both cause the marshall is complete rubish. way muddy and piontless.if your gonna get the marshall just get a 2x12 instead. id suggest a randall.if your gonna get the spider you have to play like herman li(like video game noises) to like its sound.simply because the spider is way to over processed-sounding. not like all modeling amps. cause i have played a few that were great. sich as my current practice amp an Alesis wildfire 60.

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
Last edited by mohawkkidJohn at Nov 27, 2007,
Don't get the MG.Marshalls are great but only if you want to spend $2000 on them.The line 6 is good for beginers.It has good gain and alot of modelling effects.Honestly the MG's are terrible.All of them are.A good cheap amp is the crate flexwave.The half stack is only $500.They are really good for the price range.Trust me,I own one.
Yea, both those amps are just "okay".
i'd shoot for a cheaper vox, or epiphone has some cheap tube amps as well.
There's a place where a depth charge ignites.
Quote by The devil spawn
Don't get the MG.Marshalls are great but only if you want to spend $2000 on them.The line 6 is good for beginers.It has good gain and alot of modelling effects.Honestly the MG's are terrible.All of them are.A good cheap amp is the crate flexwave.The half stack is only $500.They are really good for the price range.Trust me,I own one.

yeah another good crate is this 1

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Crate-GLX1200H-120W-Head?sku=487710V

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
Quote by The devil spawn

Like this one?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Crate-Flexwave-Series-FW120HS-120W-HalfStack?sku=481416
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox