I was recently in the Gibson Showcase in Nashville, TN, and tried to find a guitar with a price tag of UNDER $1,000. After hours of relentless searching, i gave up and picked up the guitar closest to me. I didn't even realize it was an SG till i looked down to see what guitar was so light, and had such great upper-fret access! At this time, an employee came to see if i needed help (can't they ever just let you look?), and i asked him the price of this fabulous instrument. He said that retail was something like $1,025, but walking price was like $750. I went home to discover that this guitar was on musicians friend for $579.99, clearenced to $579.00. If any of you own this guitar, is it worth the money? I'm hesitant to get such a cheap Gibson for fear of it falling apart. What does it sound like through an amp? Clean? Dirty? Help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
its alright, but the blah finish is th eonly thing that put me off of it.
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
There are a lot of better guitars in the price range.

All of the Faded series guitars I've played have been lifeless feeling.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I do own this guitar. I love it alot, and it sounds pretty nice. Mine was made in Nashville and but i bought it in DC for about 600. It's everything you can expect from a Gibson, but it has a few flaws. First, it dents and get chipped pretty easily if you're not careful. However, I love the wide fretboard (for chords) and it looks nice too. If you do get it, get a pickguard for it though, this thing is pretty fragile
Quote by FacingUsAll

Like? I'm not a huge shredder, so an Ibanez or Jackson just isn't my style, and i need humbuckers, and the nice thing about this guitar is it is good ole American made. If there is an American guitar with humbuckers out there better than this for under $600, lemme at it!

P.S., I'm not huge on keep my guitars mint, so dings and chips and not having a finish don't bother me, but if this guitar is worth something, then maybe i SHOULD worry about that kind of stuff... Oh well, it's DEFFINATELY gonna be a gigging guitar.
Last edited by Moose1309 at Nov 27, 2007,
Quote by Moose1309
Like? I'm not a huge shredder, so an Ibanez or Jackson just isn't my style, and i need humbuckers, and the nice thing about this guitar is it is good ole American made. If there is an American guitar with humbuckers out there better than this for under $600, lemme at it!

P.S., I'm not huge on keep my guitars mint, so dings and chips and not having a finish don't bother me, but if this guitar is worth something, then maybe i SHOULD worry about that kind of stuff... Oh well, it's DEFFINATELY gonna be a gigging guitar.

does being american made matter that much? most american made guitars seem kinda overpriced imo....i guess thats pretty good for that price range though
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
I'd most likely get a Michael Kelly Patriot, even though it isn't made in America. I'd trust their quality control more than Gibson's (at least on the Faded series ).
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll

All of the Faded series guitars I've played have been lifeless feeling.

+1
I have never been impressed with any Faded series Gibbies, either. My Epi G-400 beat 'em out...

The Patriots are worth checking out, as well as Washburn Idols, maybe?
Yeah, the Washburn Idols are a lot more "SG-ish" than the MK Patriots.

Good call.

Quote by utsapp89