Page 1 of 2
I just got a zune off of ebay that was used and I got it for 135 dollars. The guy had like 300 100% positive responses and he said he had only used it like 3 times. He had like 5 other zunes on ebay. I payed for this with MY OWN F*CKING money that I worked for last week taking care of my neighbors house when they were gone and the money I already had. I tell them that I got it and that it was slightly new and refurbished and she starts throwing a fit about how I spent this much on a used MP3 player and how I could have waited until Christmas when it was on sale new or whatever. She went on to say that she hopes that it gets lost on the way to my house so I learn the true value of money. She seriously won't leave me alone and I know shes just trying to make me feel guilty. But its already bought and I don't think I made a mistake. Its just getting annoying. I don't know why she cares how I spent the money I work for.

Do you guys think that what I did was ok? Because I don't see any fault in it. They said I could go on ebay and look for one as long as I had the money for it and now shes yelling at me and throwing some f*cking fit.

EDIT: I know it isn't because she bought me it for christmas becuase she already bought me a pretty expensive guitar for jazz band earlier this year and I don't think she'd buy me another really expensive thing.

(plus why in the hell would they say I could go on ebay and look for an mp3 player if they had bought me one for christmas?)
Last edited by Iamafunguy at Nov 27, 2007,
Duct Tape works
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
She's pissed because you should have gotten an iPod.

That, or she bought you a Zune for Christmas and knows you don't want 2.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Muphin

no, I got a guitar for christmas early because I needed it for jazzband.
Uhh, yeah, what you did was fine...
Quote by AronRa (Youtube user)
It is better to be proven wrong, than to forever be wrong, and never know it.

Quote by Meths
Bill Hicks rules.

I hate my user name >_<
I don't see anything wrong with what you did. It's your money, and you should be able to spend it any way you want. Maybe your mom will quiet down when it comes in safe and in good working condition.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Quote by Muphin

I'm going with the second one.
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
once you get it, put the headphones in and blast it, the nagging will be replaced by beautiful music.
Quote by the.spine.surfs

But really, asking the pit for relationship advice is like asking a girl with braces for a blowjob. Ouch.

Quote by Lil Macker
i first masterbated when i was... 10, i think
or was it 9...
yeah 10
and i'm catholic, don't tell the pope, i'll be holy watered
Quote by Spanky209
...you got a used zune for $130?

They're like $99 new at most places now.

thats strange I went to wallmart, target and to radioshack.

wallmart = 200

target = 200

radioshack = sold out
it's time to learn a lesson: don't buy a Microsoft product
SMALL CLONE of the EHX User's Guild

Quote by Ishiga
NOSOUPFORYOU.

Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
this is barely a question. only an idiot would buy a zune.
Quote by cherub_rocker07
it's time to learn a lesson: don't buy a Microsoft product

no PCs?
Just be a smartass and tell her her brain is smaller than yours. If she smacks you or something, ask her what it feels like to hit a man. Then tell your dad you saw her making out with the neighbor.
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
Quote by Iamafunguy
no PCs?

I don't think Microsoft directly makes PCs just the OS on it . . . then again they might push some of the PC makers around on what to do with them. I'm fairly sure you can go about buying a PC without Microsoft made it. Have fun with the Zune though . . . never used one but they don't look that bad.
Guitar Related Products
Schecter Omen-6
Digitech Grunge Distortion Pedal
Peavey Rage-158 15w Amp

Member of Kurt Cobain>shredding club P.M. eldanny to join.
they say go looking on ebay so you can let them know which one you liked and wanted. Then when they knew that info they would have gone out and gotten you the new MP3 player.

...well that's the way I see it.
She's right, you should have waited
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
happens to me all the time with my mom.....my advice is surrender...you wont win...ive learned that multiple times
Quote by Connor6c
I sucked on my mom's nipples
Quote by moody07747
they say go looking on ebay so you can let them know which one you liked and wanted. Then when they knew that info they would have gone out and gotten you the new MP3 player.

this is exactly how it should've went down
Quote by moody07747

nope, the first time I lost the bid and my dad was there. He said that I could take it from there .

and guys I promise you that oh matter what she was not going to buy me an mp3 player. Trust me, I think I know her better than you guys and there is no way in hell she would spend money on that thing.
Zune's are only $100 on circuitcity.com, with free shipping too.

Pwned.
Quote by noxiosimitator
I play guitar long then half the people here .. and I suck double as much

EDIT: on the guitar
EDIT EDIT: in playing with my guitar
EDIT EDIT EDIT: I give up
Quote by Slut
Zune's are only $100 on circuitcity.com, with free shipping too.

Pwned.

I just went to their site, says 190 on my screen.

Yeah, the brown one is 100. But I'm sorry, I can't stand to have a color that f*cking ugly. I usually wouldn't be like this but if I'm going to buy something that I'm going to see that much I don't really care for it to be some sh*t colored brown.

wow, and I just checked again. it says its not available for shipping.
Quote by Blow Me
Just be a smartass and tell her her brain is smaller than yours. If she smacks you or something, ask her what it feels like to hit a man. Then tell your dad you saw her making out with the neighbor.

HAHAHAHA i pity your mom, seriously
Look at all the people who wants to get sigged
You got a good deal, just ignore her. You should have bought a new brown one for $99 a while back. They were selling the brown ones cheap because nobody bought them and they had lots of extras. I don't think you can get it that cheap any more.
she's just trying to make sure you don't become fiscally irresponsible. most teenagers are.
My mum yelled at me about the values of spending money one time. It was the day I bought $56 worth of plastic army men from the dollar store and decorated her bedroom by super glueing them to her walls.
Real eyes realise real lies.
Tell her a woman should know her place.
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Quote by Zeh
My mum yelled at me about the values of spending money one time. It was the day I bought $56 worth of plastic army men from the dollar store and decorated her bedroom by super glueing them to her walls.

She got pwned.
Maybe she's got a point there but shouldn't have said things like that.

I don't think there's anything wrong with what you've done
Quote by Iamafunguy
no PCs?

they just make windows os ans stuff, not the actual hardware. but yea it sounds pretty stupid unless they already got you one or somthing.
btw how is that story coming along, i remember the thread about it; that guy going to the mansion i believe? sounded good
Quote by mista cricket
Passive pickups? Are there such a thing as aggressive pickup s?

I use a Dvorak keyboard; put this in your sig if you do too.
My parents did the same thing,
Did you get a warranty or some sort of guarantee off of him too?
That's why they got angry.
I don't remember where I was,
When I realized life was a game.
The more seriously I took things,
The harder the rules became.
Quote by Iamafunguy
my mom won't shut up.
Quote by Iamafunguy
Do you guys think that what I did was ok? Because I don't see any fault in it. They said I could go on ebay and look for one as long as I had the money for it and now shes yelling at me and throwing some f*cking fit.

EDIT: I know it isn't because she bought me it for christmas becuase she already bought me a pretty expensive guitar for jazz band earlier this year and I don't think she'd buy me another really expensive thing.

(plus why in the hell would they say I could go on ebay and look for an mp3 player if they had bought me one for christmas?)
Your mom said look for, not buy. It's pretty obvious she was expecting if you found something, you would talk with her about it. Then she would talk you out of it by finding something wrong.

That was a terrible error in judgment on her part. Maybe she thought she could get away with not telling you that she, or some other family member had already bought you one. It would be even worse, if she had suggested it to another family member who bought you one.

Maybe she thought you wouldn't have enough money to buy one. Maybe she thought you'd look at them and really wish you had one. Then when you opened that gift, you'd really be pleased.

The only fault I see in what you've done is to make it clear that your relatives will never be certain what they can buy you as a present for Christmas. MANY people are SMART enough to not buy anything important. They save their money for after the holidays or spend it on others.

You may have just doomed yourself into getting sweaters and socks from all your relatives for Christmas in the future. They know you're not going to buy those for yourself. If you see no fault in that, I see none in what you've done.

Now that you've gotten the "Shut up" "fucking fit" and "why in the hell" out of your system, maybe you can mellow out enough to make peace with your mom.

True, she's a real piece of work, that ungrateful bitch. She got the opportunity to carry you in her body for 9 months, change countless diapers, make sure you were fed, bathed, clothed, and loved for years. And now she's getting all upset because she made a few mistakes on what she and others should get you for Christmas.

But try real hard to find some love for her, anyway.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Page 1 of 2