Well the clutch in my car recently went out and if I were to fix it it would probably be more than the cars worth. Now I have about 5k that I was gonna get a new guitar and amp with. "Mesa Mark IV and possibly some sort of PRS". Well now it looks like I might have to get a new car instead. I need it to get to and from school everyday and w/ things such as band practice and snowboarding coming up there might not be a way around it. So what do you guys think???
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
im sorry i said this, but, car.

*prepares for flaming
Quote by justen23
I made fun of the national guard in front of some kid that was in it. He tried to kill me but failed just like they always do.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
Haha, ass herpes.
I think you answered you own question.

You need a car, you want an amp.
Our band could be your life

Epic Fail.
Well.....given your needs, car.
However. You get a car, you need gas, insurance, repairs, etc.
You get a guitar and amp. Thats it. No gas, insurance, etc. needed for that.
You got 5k. spend 1k on a car then the rest n guiatr and amp.
Hell, I have spent 500 on a car that lasted me 10 years. And very few repairs. But I probably got lucky with that one.
Quote by anti_hipsters
I think you answered you own question.

You need a car, you want an amp.

True. Its so damn hard to get a car when u have the money for your dream gear thou...
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Unless you're a professional musician who needs to replace a failed piece of equipment or else they can't perform, new gear is always a want rather than a need. Get a car.
Hi, I'm Peter
While spending that money on a new equipment would be cool,
you should go for a new car.
Quote by soul_power
True. Its so damn hard to get a car when u have the money for your dream gear thou...

Question though, do you live in the city, and are you in University/college yet?

If so, you could possibly survive on using the bus for a while, and save up again for a car.

I'd still recommend the car though.
Our band could be your life

Epic Fail.
Quote by CodeMonk
Well.....given your needs, car.
However. You get a car, you need gas, insurance, repairs, etc.
You get a guitar and amp. Thats it. No gas, insurance, etc. needed for that.
You got 5k. spend 1k on a car then the rest n guiatr and amp.
Hell, I have spent 500 on a car that lasted me 10 years. And very few repairs. But I probably got lucky with that one.

1 k for a car!?
no offense, but what country do you come from!? 1 K won't buy a car that doesn't have an engine!!

TS, put all the money in savings for a while, and then get a decent car.
Car.
45 days without my precious UG...
CURSE YOU LOLWUT PEAR!!!

Quote by eggo_boi_15
Arnt the first few things anyone learns on a guitar is

1. Nirvana - smells like teen spirit
2. Prince - Smoke on the water
3. White stripes - seven nation army
Quote by soul_power
Well the clutch in my car recently went out and if I were to fix it it would probably be more than the cars worth. Now I have about 5k that I was gonna get a new guitar and amp with. "Mesa Mark IV and possibly some sort of PRS". Well now it looks like I might have to get a new car instead. I need it to get to and from school everyday and w/ things such as band practice and snowboarding coming up there might not be a way around it. So what do you guys think???

Okay...

step 1..

$50

go partying and find girl with car..sleep with her (non hooker)

step 2...

$50

meal for parents for additional car rides if required

step 3...

$1000

carvin v3

Step 4...

$1200

carvin Ct6

step 5,,,

save up for new car when you get sick of girl.

------------------------------------
Quote by Captain Insano
Get that car, that comes with the guitar, that you can play through your stereo.

that would rock the guitar car

plug yourself in the cigarette lighter completely soundproofed etc....such a good idea
You can always get a running car for under $1000, it won't usually be pretty, but you can get one.

I got really lucky, I got a 1972 Dodge Coronet in excellent condition for $700. I almost got a 1972 Chevelle for $600 but the body was pretty much rotted away on that.
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
Quote by anti_hipsters
Question though, do you live in the city, and are you in University/college yet?

If so, you could possibly survive on using the bus for a while, and save up again for a car.

I'd still recommend the car though.

Nope, high school and i live in the middle of fkn nowhere. Closest major city is seattle.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Car leads to job leads to new guitar and amp...you dont have to spend the entire 5k on the car. I bought mine for 2k and have been driving it for almost 2 years and 20000 miles so far
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge