Hey everybody, I got a question about the prices you'd expect to see from a San Dimas ear RR1. I moved to a new town and got an apartment when I started college and I remembered this music store I've been to here a couple of times. Anyway, they have/had an RR1 black with white polkadots. It seems the store's owner's son has the guitar right now but will bring it back in a while 'cause he's getting a Les Paul. This thing had a tag on it of about $4000 USD but I go to the same church as a bunch of this guys friends and stuff and he was going to cut the price anyway so he said he'd take $2500 but since I'm hoping to trade in an amp and guitar plus the extra cash he'd talk to me about the price if I come back in a couple of weeks. He said its an '85 or '86 and I'll get the serial number to check it when I see it again.

So what price would you expect to be fair?

P.S. If I get this I'll post tons of pictures and brag a lot, its been my dream since I saw it a few months ago.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
Last edited by FFFDFEFRFKFFF at Nov 27, 2007,
Dude...That's like a nearly perfect guitar for any Rhoads fan! I dunno about the price though. It must be in mint condition then? I mean, I've seen San Dimas RR1's go for about $1,200-1,800 on eBay, mint. Or maybe my memory is a little off? Anything custom about it? Like new pick ups and different trem?

EDIT: Yeah, I just checked again. That seems about right for a price, $2,500. It must be mint though.
Last edited by Vittu0666 at Nov 28, 2007,
To my knowloedge EVERYTHING is completely stock. I'm going to trade my Carvin and either my JCM900 or Yamaha, if need be both for it. Its total mint.
SPAM

Its got Duncans and a Floyd Rose, I'm not competly sure on the trem its either that or an old Khaler. I was kind of smitten by it and its kind of a blur.
SPAM

I saw it last year and I wanted to cry because I couldn't afford it but now that I've met the owner and he likes me I'm pretty sure I'll be able to work out a payment plan with my trade ins if nothing else so it will be mine eventually. I'm going back thursday to talk to him some more and take my guitar and pics of my amp over. I was trying to get some info on it before then.
SPAM

Last edited by FFFDFEFRFKFFF at Nov 28, 2007,
Bump
SPAM

Serial? Why are they calling it an RR1? RR1s didn't come out until years later, back then it was simply the Randy Rhoads. If it has Duncans it is MOST LIKELY not stock, but since all Jacksons then were custom order you could put anything you wanted in, in most cases it was Jackson J series pickups (not bad ones by any means). The fact he's calling it an RR1 and it has Seymour Duncans in it stock would be sending off red flags. Probably legit a legit San Dimas, but get that serial.
Quote by Epic_Name
Serial?

But seriously, why would you wan't to sell it?

That's one thing I can never understand. Why would you ever sell such an epic guitar? Why?!

Anyways...What kind of inlays? Dots or sharkies?
I don't remember, I haven't seen it for a REALLY long time. Its got sharkfins I think. I've found online where I could buy the bowtie, Russain guy V that he really played but its freaking expensive so if this doesn't work, I'm selling all the trade in stuff and getting that.

Does anybody know any of the specs on this guitar?
SPAM

Quote by FFFDFEFRFKFFF
I don't remember, I haven't seen it for a REALLY long time. Its got sharkfins I think. I've found online where I could buy the bowtie, Russain guy V that he really played but its freaking expensive so if this doesn't work, I'm selling all the trade in stuff and getting that.

Does anybody know any of the specs on this guitar?

I'm leaning towards it being an RR1 and the guy is trying to take you... The reason I said this is he calls it an RR1, it has stock Seymour Duncans (VERY Uncommon for Jackson are the time), Floyd Rose (Also uncommon) and Sharkies. All of these are RR1 features. As for specs, if it is custom, there is no way to know without getting the guitar in my hands, as they were all built to order then. Having said that it could be a legit San Dimas, but the specs and the fact he's calling it an RR1 is making me a little suspicious. Do not make a move for it until you get the serial number.
If you have the money buy it!
And if it's a polka dot one, are you sure it's an RR1? I've never seen a polka dot "rhoads" shaped V only his polka dot Gibson style V.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
If you have the money buy it!
And if it's a polka dot one, are you sure it's an RR1? I've never seen a polka dot "rhoads" shaped V only his polka dot Gibson style V.

You could order the Polka Dot finish on anything... Soloist, Rhoads, Kellys, etc. Btw, Randy's V was a Sandoval.
Oh so back in the day you could order Polka Dot as a finish?
I thought given the case of a Randy Rhoads guitar it'd be a Rhoads Polka dot symmetrical V.

EDIT: I didn't know who made Randy's V but I said gibson STYLE meaning symetrical and rounded sorry for the mis-understanding.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Oh so back in the day you could order Polka Dot as a finish?
I thought given the case of a Randy Rhoads guitar it'd be a Rhoads Polka dot symmetrical V.

Nope. It was a standard finish at the time. There are a fair number out there, and I believe you can still order it from Charvel today. That said, Jacksons are more common in it. I've only ever seen one San Dimas Charvel finished that way, which is odd considering Charvel always was more about the simple, 2D jobs, and Jacksons had the crazy graphics. It is however fairly common on the few Charvel Round-Horn Vs out there from what I've seen.
I seriously don't think that this guy is trying to trick me an he didn't say it was an RR1 he siad it was an old, 80's, USA Rhoads V. It does have Duncans and a polka dot finish that looks old but I'm not getting the thing without checking the serial number, I've memerized what it would look like if it actually were a San Dimas from that time.
SPAM